Luepold VX-2 For My AR?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Luepold VX-2 For My AR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8454 Times on 4898 Posts
Likes Given: 11022

Default Luepold VX-2 For My AR?

Saw the scope described below on Craigslist and I'm considering it for my AR. I currently have a Leupold Mark 4 and I don't care for it, I need something for 100+yards and want a mil-dot but this might do.

Leupold VX-2 - 6x18 target dot - Warne Ring Mount - Leupold 110817: VX-2 6-18x40mm Adj Obj Riflescope, Matte Black, Target Dot
Comes with case. - Scope Cost $ 800.00 New - See pictures below- Will take $495.00 cash only .
(H) xxx-xxx-xxxx This is a HOME phone number ,TEXT will not Work on HOME PHONE. .

Leupold VX-2 6-18x40mm Adjustable Objective Target Rifle Scope Product Info

Leupold VX-2 6-18x40 Adjustable Objective Target Riflescope Personalized by Leupold Custom ShopLeupold VX-2 6-18x40mm Adjustable Objective Target Rifle Scope is an excellent riflescope for competition shooters, outfitted with the features and precision that separate the professionalsimage from the amateurs. The Leupold rifle scope's target-style windage and elevation dials adjust quickly with 1/4 MOA click values that allow you to line up your shots quickly and accurately, without removing your eye from the eyepiece. Leupold has built the Leupold VX-2 5-18x Competition Target Riflescope with a wide variable zoom range from 6x to 18x, plenty of distance for hunting, varmint shooting, and of course, rigorous competition at all ranges. MultiCoat 4 lens coatings translate to extraordinarily bright views through the rifle scope at any time of day, and its lockable fast focus eyepiece will keep the reticle of your choice in constant focus, no matter how often you change the magnification. You can obtain even greater clarity with the Leupold VX-2's adjustable objective lens, which allows you to make quick parallax adjustments for specific ranges from 50 yards to infinity. Target shooters, hunters, and hobbyists alike will all see the benefit in owning a Leupold VX2 Adjustable Objective Target MultiCoat 4 Rifle-Scope.
Leupold 110817: VX-2 6-18x40mm Adj Obj Riflescope, Matte Black, Target Dot
Specifications for Leupold VX-2 6-18x40mm Variable Zoom Target Scope:
Magnification: 6x to 18x
Length: 13.5"
Tube Diameter: 1"
Field of View (at 100 yards): 6x - 14.5'; 18x - 6.6'
Eye Relief: 6x - 4.7"; 18x - 3.7"
Objective Aperture Diameter: 40mm
Weight: 15.8 oz
Total Adjustment Range: 56 MOA
Adjustment Click Rate: 1/4 MOA
Features of Leupold VX2 6-18x40 Adj Objective Target Fast Focus Riflescope:

Efficient riflescope designed for competition by Leupold
MultiCoat 4 lens coating for incredible light transmission rates
Adjustable objective lens with markers for 50 yards, 100 yards, 200 yards, 300 yards, 400 yards, and infinity
1/4 MOA target style windage and elevation adjustment knobs
Lockable, fast-focus eyepiece keeps your reticle in focus
Tactile power indicator allows you to determ
image 1
image 2
image 3
image 4
image 5
image 6
image 7
image 8

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-20-2012, 04:05 AM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8454 Times on 4898 Posts
Likes Given: 11022

I just realized that the price he is asking is crazy high.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That is the biggest problem with Leupold, the prices. They are good quality but not a good value.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Old 11-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Check out the Nikons (m223 or p223). Reasonably priced, and they have their own ballistics apps (on Web, PC, or iPhone ...maybe Android).

Old 11-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1797 Times on 998 Posts
Likes Given: 5415

Huh, I have always thought the quality of the leupold provided value for the money.

I know that there are cheaper units by many mfg. Guess I have just been TOO HAPPY with my Leupolds.

It's hard to beat a leupold mx8-2x. Long Eye Relief, and the quality to stand up on a .44 Super BlackHawk.
The VX-2 series is considered a mid-range scope, I have the previous VX-II, but haven't had a chance to beat it up yet.

A search engine's shopping feature usually gives me an quick and accurate idea of price ranges.
Be sure and let us know where you headed with your scope search.