Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Lucid hd7 or vortex strikefire?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

Hey sgt I asked that question for a reason. I'm not going to slander anyones brand,but the reason I asked that question is because I have bought one and have used two others and they work great inside the house and outside in the morning and late afternoons. But about mid noon I can't hardly see the dot, red or green. I'm out here in the desert and its very bright out here. Now granted these weren't $700. I'm looking to find a good one and wanted some opinions from people who use them. I'm new to the red dot system and I just got my first ar15. Seriously just looking for advice.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #22

Liked 572 Times on 304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycastor
Hey sgt I asked that question for a reason. I'm not going to slander anyones brand,but the reason I asked that question is because I have bought one and have used two others and they work great inside the house and outside in the morning and late afternoons. But about mid noon I can't hardly see the dot, red or green. I'm out here in the desert and its very bright out here. Now granted these weren't $700. I'm looking to find a good one and wanted some opinions from people who use them. I'm new to the red dot system and I just got my first ar15. Seriously just looking for advice.
Hey brother that comment was not aimed at you. It was aimed at the comment about Lucid not being food anymore.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #23

Liked 1120 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycastor View Post
You will be able to see the dot in the Lucid even in the brightest of day light .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 View Post
I own both and I'll take a Lucid over Vortex any day. I would also take it over many other optics that are 2x the price, and even an Aimpoint I had. I think it's a great optic, hold zero, great design, the standard AAA battery is awesome, the light sensitivity is fast. I am going to try the Lucid M7 next, if its anything like my HD, I'll be stoked..........
And if your going to come with a comment on a product, back it up! Not trying to be rude but, you can't just slander And not have supporting evidence.
Just wait Jason has the prototype in of the fixed power HD7 I believe it will be a fixed 4X and made for the 7.62 / .300 BLK setups , Thats what I plan on using on my 7.62x39 should be a perfect fit for that setup

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 08-05-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #24

Liked 572 Times on 304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc

You will be able to see the dot in the Lucid even in the brightest of day light .

Just wait Jason has the prototype in of the fixed power HD7 I believe it will be a fixed 4X and made for the 7.62 / .300 BLK setups , Thats what I plan on using on my 7.62x39 should be a perfect fit for that setup
I want it for my 7.62 too.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #25

Liked 1120 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1996

Dont know if you keep up on facebook . but check em out if you do . Easier to keep up with them and know what they have going on

https://www.facebook.com/LUCIDHD7

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 07-16-2014, 12:41 PM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I own both , and I would pick the Lucid over the Vortex any day . Whats made the down hill progress with Lucid ?
Lucid still claims US made parts but assembled in China, As far as I know Vortex comes straight out of China . Both are quality pieces in my book for no more than they cost . Both carry a lifetime warranty .
The sticker on the bottom of the HD7 I just bought says "Made in China" and it seemed to me after talking with Jason that his Lucid sight is all China made, dang near everything is made in China now, but if it were just assembled in China I would expect the sticker to say "Assembled in China".
My Lucid HD7 isn't right, there were no positive clicks when adjusting the reticle to different positions and the dot looks more like a blob even at the lowest brightness, so I am either getting mine replaced or I am going to go with a Redfield counterstrike....?? I am getting so sick of having to return almost everything I purchase these days, must be there is no such thing as quality control in China.
If China builds there military equipment as well as they build everything else, the USA has nothing to worry about in the case of war.

Last edited by mrwintr; 07-16-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:12 PM   #27

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts

That sucks. I'm glad I got mine when I did. I've been very impressed by the quality and function. One of my friends liked mine so much he swapped out his aimpoint micro for one.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:28 PM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5324 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwintr View Post
The sticker on the bottom of the HD7 I just bought says "Made in China" and it seemed to me after talking with Jason that his Lucid sight is all China made, dang near everything is made in China now, but if it were just assembled in China I would expect the sticker to say "Assembled in China".
My Lucid HD7 isn't right, there were no positive clicks when adjusting the reticle to different positions and the dot looks more like a blob even at the lowest brightness, so I am either getting mine replaced or I am going to go with a Redfield counterstrike....?? I am getting so sick of having to return almost everything I purchase these days, must be there is no such thing as quality control in China.
If China builds there military equipment as well as they build everything else, the USA has nothing to worry about in the case of war.
you start to understand why i dont bother with cheap anymore. its why i just save up as needed for a nightforce or a trijicon. i got fed up returning stuff over and over or it just breaking and having to buy again

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...