Lucid hd7 or vortex strikefire?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Lucid hd7 or vortex strikefire?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts

Default Lucid hd7 or vortex strikefire?

About to buy a new rds but not sure what I should get. I'm working with a limited budget. If I get the strikefire I can order a new stock at the same time but I would prefer the hd7 but if I get it ill have to wait and save a Lil money to get the stock and finish my rifle. What should I do?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-24-2013, 01:20 AM   #2

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Optics planet has hd7's for only 190 and strikefires for 160
http://www.opticsplanet.com/lucid-hd7-red-dot-sight-variable-reticle-black-l-hd7.html

http://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-riflescope-sfrd-hunt.html

30$ difference isn't to bad, id go with the hd7.
Also this redfield counterstrike has 4000 hour battery life and is only 185
http://www.opticsplanet.com/redfield-counterstrike-red-dot-sight-matte.html

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:37 AM   #3

I don't know anything about the redfield. How does it stack up to the hd7?

Old 05-24-2013, 02:53 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

For a cheap affordable red dot with a good reputation, the Vortex strikefire is the best bang for the buck, or so the consensus says. They are can be found for 150 dollars all the time, and down to 129.00 a month ago:
http://www.slickguns.com/product/vortex-strikefire-redgreen-dot-scope-optics-specials-sights-optics-12999

Rumors tell of a new model coming out, so the strikefires will be going down in price.

As with Sam, I know nothing about the HD7

Old 05-24-2013, 03:43 AM   #5

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

I own both , I like them both and they both have advantages over each other . The vortex I have is a green / red dot , I see green better than red ,
Thhey both have a lifetime warranty , The vortex come standard with a 2x multiplier which I dont use . Vortex is a 3 moa dot , Lucid 2 moa dot . They both have auto off . The HD7 is multi reticle , HD 7 has auto dimmer with zero lag which is a sweet feature I wish the vortex had , however the brightness can also be manually adjusted I like the fact the lucid uses a AAA battery , cheap and readily available every where . I like that all caps are tethered on the lucid , . Both cowitness just fine . Both are nv capable . My fav is the lucid of the 2 it just edges out the vortex , and well worth the $30 difference

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 05-24-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 05-24-2013, 04:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
My fav is the lucid of the 2 it just edges out the vortex , and well worth the $30 difference
I think you just helped me make my decision. I was definitely leaning toward the hd7 now it's for sure
Old 05-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosam View Post
I don't know anything about the redfield. How does it stack up to the hd7?
From what I read its a very high value optic but I have not used one myself.
Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I own both , I like them both and they both have advantages over each other . The vortex I have is a green / red dot , I see green better than red ,
Thhey both have a lifetime warranty , The vortex come standard with a 2x multiplier which I dont use . Vortex is a 3 moa dot , Lucid 2 moa dot . They both have auto off . The HD7 is multi reticle , HD 7 has auto dimmer with zero lag which is a sweet feature I wish the vortex had , however the brightness can also be manually adjusted I like the fact the lucid uses a AAA battery , cheap and readily available every where . I like that all caps are tethered on the lucid , . Both cowitness just fine . Both are nv capable . My fav is the lucid of the 2 it just edges out the vortex , and well worth the $30 difference
I love the hd7 because of the fact it uses aaa batteries!

Old 05-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #9

I ordered the hd7 this morning. I can't wait to finiSh this gun and try it out

Old 05-26-2013, 12:24 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I own and like the HD7 a lot. I did buy the optional 2x screw on adapter. The fact that it is a screw on adapter and becomes a rigid part of the scope is a big plus to me. I have tried the swing away adapters and found them to be a nuisance. The HD7 does get 2000 hours from a AAA battery, and finding a replacement is never a problem.
If you have uncorrected astigmatism, any magnifier on a red dot scope will make the dot appear blurry. Having the option to attach the magnifier when required is an option I really like. I have not found any time that I did not know in advance that I would be using it, and install/uninstall it as necessary.
A very high quality and substantial feeling product. A+

The caliber of the man counts more than the caliber of his gun.

purehavoc Likes This