Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Looks like an EOTech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looks like an EOTech

Does anyone know anything about the Strike Eagle brand optic? Looks like an EO Tech optic and also way cheaper. I know some of you will say don't do it but I don't have $500+ to throw down on an optic. Just wondering if anyone has used this before and what are your thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4465 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Check out the bushnell offerings. If im not mistaken eotech is a bushnell spinoff company as it was they who came up with the original holo rifle sight.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyMikeGolf View Post
Does anyone know anything about the Strike Eagle brand optic? Looks like an EO Tech optic and also way cheaper. I know some of you will say don't do it but I don't have $500+ to throw down on an optic. Just wondering if anyone has used this before and what are your thoughts?
I have never heard of Strike Eagle and that makes me somewhat suspect about the quality compared to EOtech.
Honestly, "looks like an EOtech" is not very good criteria for selecting an optic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Check out the bushnell offerings. If im not mistaken eotech is a bushnell spinoff company as it was they who came up with the original holo rifle sight.
I think you are mistaken. EOtech was partnered with Bushnell to sell an early commercial version of their sight but it was designed, patented, and built by EOtech. I believe this occurred because the original sight did not yet meet mil-specs. Obviously this is longer the case and I don't believe the Bushnell
Holosight is available any more.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Old 01-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #4

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyMikeGolf View Post
I haven't heard of them...but i'd caution you on buying something on such criteria. EOTech isn't famous just because of its looks.

Sarah Jessica Parker LOOKS like a horse, but...well you can figure that one out.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

I haven't heard of them...but i'd caution you on buying something on such criteria. EOTech isn't famous just because of its looks.

Sarah Jessica Parker LOOKS like a horse, but...well you can figure that one out.
Lmao!! Ok gotcha

Old 01-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Thanks! I'll look into it