Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Looks like an EOTech (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/looks-like-eotech-55581/)

BradleyMikeGolf 01-16-2012 04:36 AM

Looks like an EOTech

Does anyone know anything about the Strike Eagle brand optic? Looks like an EO Tech optic and also way cheaper. I know some of you will say don't do it but I don't have $500+ to throw down on an optic. Just wondering if anyone has used this before and what are your thoughts?

JonM 01-16-2012 12:19 PM

Check out the bushnell offerings. If im not mistaken eotech is a bushnell spinoff company as it was they who came up with the original holo rifle sight.

TCH2FLY 01-16-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradleyMikeGolf (Post 678451)
Does anyone know anything about the Strike Eagle brand optic? Looks like an EO Tech optic and also way cheaper. I know some of you will say don't do it but I don't have $500+ to throw down on an optic. Just wondering if anyone has used this before and what are your thoughts?

I have never heard of Strike Eagle and that makes me somewhat suspect about the quality compared to EOtech.
Honestly, "looks like an EOtech" is not very good criteria for selecting an optic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 678649)
Check out the bushnell offerings. If im not mistaken eotech is a bushnell spinoff company as it was they who came up with the original holo rifle sight.

I think you are mistaken. EOtech was partnered with Bushnell to sell an early commercial version of their sight but it was designed, patented, and built by EOtech. I believe this occurred because the original sight did not yet meet mil-specs. Obviously this is longer the case and I don't believe the Bushnell
Holosight is available any more.

PrimePorkchop 01-16-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradleyMikeGolf (Post 678451)

I haven't heard of them...but i'd caution you on buying something on such criteria. EOTech isn't famous just because of its looks.

Sarah Jessica Parker LOOKS like a horse, but...well you can figure that one out.

BradleyMikeGolf 01-16-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

I haven't heard of them...but i'd caution you on buying something on such criteria. EOTech isn't famous just because of its looks.

Sarah Jessica Parker LOOKS like a horse, but...well you can figure that one out.

Lmao!! Ok gotcha

BradleyMikeGolf 01-16-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM

Thanks! I'll look into it