Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Looking for Optics for AR-15 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/looking-optics-ar-15-a-14454/)

Schumania 06-03-2009 06:19 PM

Looking for Optics for AR-15
 
1 Attachment(s)
The carry handle can be removed. Want something for recreational use (nothing to serious). Mid-range quality scope. Can anyone Help me out with selecting something with these constraints.

Dillinger 06-03-2009 08:35 PM

Welcome to the Forum -

Your carry handle can be removed, but what about the front ramp sight?

Do you want to co-witness with your front sight? Do you want to move towards fold down, back up iron sights ( BUIS ) in the future?

How far are you wanting to shoot? Target shooting? Varmint shooting? Zombies in the wire?

Do you want a heads up sight, like a Reflex or an Aimpoint or an EoTech? Or do you want a low power glass optic?

JD

matt g 06-03-2009 08:45 PM

A buddy has an inexpensive BSA red dot on his FrankenAR. It hit beer cans out to about 75 or 100 yards. After that, the 4 MOA dot is just too big. It still gives minute of bad guy accuracy, but it's not a target scope.

Walmart carries some decent quality, low end Leupolds for a few hundred dollars.

canebrake 06-03-2009 10:42 PM

I have these and am happy with them:

Tasco 2-6x32 AO Red Green Mil-Dot Hunting Rifle Scope - eBay (item 250374387030 end time Jun-15-09 11:59:12 PDT)
Tactical Sand UFC552 type Red and Green dot sight GP686 - eBay (item 260368530778 end time Jun-26-09 05:45:01 PDT)
Spiderfire R2 CREE LED 5 Modes Combat Torch Set SF-X666 - eBay (item 260368477907 end time Jun-26-09 02:28:15 PDT)
Pro Tactical 532nm Green Laser Powerful Sight Pointer - eBay (item 260375380835 end time Jun-08-09 12:33:43 PDT)

You will not beat these prices!

I can vouch for the vendor and did not have any problems.

Shipping time was quick considering it comes from Hong Kong.

Schumania 06-04-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 112744)
Welcome to the Forum -

Your carry handle can be removed, but what about the front ramp sight?

Do you want to co-witness with your front sight? Do you want to move towards fold down, back up iron sights ( BUIS ) in the future?

How far are you wanting to shoot? Target shooting? Varmint shooting? Zombies in the wire?

Do you want a heads up sight, like a Reflex or an Aimpoint or an EoTech? Or do you want a low power glass optic?

JD


See as far as the front sight goes IDK what would be best. Do you recommend BUIS?

As far as distance goes Im pretty sure nothing over 500 yards. Would be target shooting and some varmint.

I would want both in the future as far as optics. But as of right now low power glass is what I am looking for. I also have my eyes on Aimpoint for heads up.

Schumania 06-04-2009 01:17 AM


If you can post a pic of your weapon with these items that would help out extensively. More concerned right now on your optics.
You bought from this dealer on Ebay for those prices? Thats pretty good pricing.

canebrake 06-04-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schumania (Post 112889)
if you can post a pic of your weapon with these items that would help out extensively. More concerned right now on your optics.
You bought from this dealer on ebay for those prices? Thats pretty good pricing.

I know this is on a AK but they all fit on my AR too.

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...n/DSCF3791.jpg

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...n/DSCF3718.jpg

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...reachout50.jpg

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...n/zombie50.jpg

canebrake 06-05-2009 02:27 PM

Here's a 50mm red dot two eye sight I also have and am happy with it's quality for the <$40 price tag!

BARSKA AC10332 RED DOT 50MM RED 5MOA for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $19.00

Schumania 06-05-2009 07:58 PM

canebrake thanks for the pictures and your help. IN the first picture you have posted can you tell me what you optic is mounted on? Looks like some sort of riser. I only ask because I need something like that to see over the front sight.

canebrake 06-05-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schumania (Post 113667)
canebrake thanks for the pictures and your help. IN the first picture you have posted can you tell me what you optic is mounted on? Looks like some sort of riser. I only ask because I need something like that to see over the front sight.

It's the side mount for my AK.

Try these in your other thread:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/need-help-14482/#post113699


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:50 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.