looking for a good scope under $150 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > looking for a good scope under $150

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 12:51 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrupples View Post
look at the barska 2.5x10x56 from midwayusa for 90 bucks when you buy schmidt & bender zeiss swarski you are just paying for name withno more quality than the china scopes cause they are now made in china . Ive tried about every one on the market from most expenses to cheapest & now shoot leapers 2.5x10x56 Eurolux or barska.buy the 30mm tube though you wont believe the differwence in eye relief between 1 in & 30mm Ibought all the leapers i could find cause of law suit against them from carl ziess Now have 14 mounted & 7 barska euro 30s just my 2 cents & I do a lot of hunting & shooting
Seriously Bro, WTF?!?!

Anyone who says that Carl Ziess and S&B are no better than a $100 Chinese scope needs to be banned from the internet.

Have you ever HELD a Ziess or S&B and compared them, side by side?? I seriously doubt it based on your run on sentence write up.

You are so far in over your head with that statement, a parking lot puddle would look like a nice place to scuba dive in at this point.

I bet the animals in your area are quite glad you do "a lot of hunting" with your $100 scopes - it probably leads to a long and happy life.

JD

Old 06-03-2009, 01:07 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Get a Nikon Prostaff 3x-9x-40mm or a Weaver 3x-9x-38mm. Quality optics and accessories from Leupold, Bushnell, Burris, Nikon and more!

+1 I just put a prostaff 3-9-40 bdc on a 30.06 and will be sighting it in and doing at little hog hunting this weekend ranges 110-200yrds.

I'll make sure to post results and targets at 100yrds.. on monday. the BDC is $10 dollars more "$160"

Last edited by jng2985; 06-03-2009 at 01:10 AM.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:17 AM   #23

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
look at the barska 2.5x10x56 from midwayusa for 90 bucks when you buy schmidt & bender zeiss swarski you are just paying for name withno more quality than the china scopes cause they are now made in china . Ive tried about every one on the market from most expenses to cheapest & now shoot leapers 2.5x10x56 Eurolux or barska.buy the 30mm tube though you wont believe the differwence in eye relief between 1 in & 30mm Ibought all the leapers i could find cause of law suit against them from carl ziess Now have 14 mounted & 7 barska euro 30s just my 2 cents & I do a lot of hunting & shooting

Old 06-04-2009, 09:27 PM   #24

Default dillenger

for your info I 've done the comparsion between s&b classic Zeiss devarai & leapers set side by side on a rest, all focus on the same object & checked from 5pm to 9;30 all set on 5 never moved the adjustment or fine adjustment checked about every 5 minutes until 9;30 the only difference was the color on the optics its like looking through 2 kinds of sunglasses at the grass 1 make the grass look a little lighter so you should do the comparsion your ownself & check your facts on where the optics are made not what they tell you & go. as for as the hunting 1 killed 34 deer this past year with these cheap optic as you call them 25 were shoot to kill permits the rest were all bucks shoot in the head so how does that suit your fancy by the way go ahead & try to impress the world by spending your money they will gladly take it. so take how ever you want

Old 06-04-2009, 11:13 PM   #25

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
you should do the comparsion your ownself & check your facts on where the optics are made not what they tell you & go.
Uh, yeah, look scrupples ( or lack there of ) I have been to SHOT 5 years out of 6. I have personally handled damn near everything there is to play with at the show and I can tell you, you have absolutely no idea what you are babbling about with your run on sentences.

$150 worth of glass is NOT going to match the glass that sits in a Zeiss or a S&B. Period. That is why one scope costs $150 and one costs ten times that.

Not to mention all those little things that go into a quality scope like, oh I don't know, a custom aluminum tube, a gas sealed tube, true return to zero adjustment knobs and that little thing we call, "a warranty".

End of facts.

Quote:
as for as the hunting 1 killed 34 deer this past year with these cheap optic as you call them 25 were shoot to kill permits the rest were all bucks shoot in the head so how does that suit your fancy by the way go ahead & try to impress the world by spending your money they will gladly take it. so take how ever you want
This is where the Internetz becomes Sirrus Bidness. Here you are, all two posts of you, making claims that are SO FAR from being true that they border on outlandish enough to cause a need for medication.

If you killed 34 deer, most with head shots, as you claim, where is your big time Boone & Crockett Membership Badge?? Where is your mention in all the annuals of Hunting Hall of Famers??

The fact of the matter is you are trying to justify the purchase of sub par equipment and making up completely ridiculious claims to support your wild conjecture and bull shi'ite to try and convince the rest of the forum you are some sort of "expert"

Give it a rest. The Interwebz doesn't have any "experts". The "experts" are all working in the industry for a living and don't have time to spend trying to convince a bunch of folks of gross inaccuracies.

Your bridge is missing you little troll - run on back before the sunlight comes....

JD

Old 06-04-2009, 11:38 PM   #26

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
as for as the hunting 1 killed 34 deer this past year with these cheap optic as you call them 25 were shoot to kill permits the rest were all bucks shoot in the head so how does that suit your fancy by the way go ahead & try to impress the world by spending your money they will gladly take it. so take how ever you want
Ok, you are super hunter/killer. With permit (nuisance for farmers) you can kill many deer. What I do want to know: In what state are you allowed to kill 9 bucks?? Also, why on Earth would you shoot a buck in the head?? There are many kill zones that do not risk the antlers should a gust of wind affect your bullet. Antlered deer with a head shot...that is funny right there.

I don't believe you. That is all, and it has nothing to do with your prowess with a cheap scope and a wonder rifle.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 06-05-2009, 12:15 AM   #27

I haven't done this in a while I know JD is going to ding me for it but I just have to do this.

scrupples

Old 06-05-2009, 01:26 AM   #28

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

You sir-are a LIER! Not only that, you need to learn more about scopes before attempting to post bull like that.

Quote:
for your info I 've done the comparsion between s&b classic Zeiss devarai & leapers set side by side on a rest, all focus on the same object & checked from 5pm to 9;30 all set on 5 never moved the adjustment or fine adjustment checked about every 5 minutes until 9;30 the only difference was the color on the optics its like looking through 2 kinds of sunglasses at the grass 1 make the grass look a little lighter so you should do the comparsion your ownself & check your facts on where the optics are made not what they tell you & go. as for as the hunting 1 killed 34 deer this past year with these cheap optic as you call them 25 were shoot to kill permits the rest were all bucks shoot in the head so how does that suit your fancy by the way go ahead & try to impress the world by spending your money they will gladly take it. so take how ever you want

Old 06-05-2009, 02:40 AM   #29

WOW there is no Chineese plant mentioned on the Locations section of the Zeiss web site. Could you kindly point me in the right direction to that information?
zeiss.jpg

HUH also just looked at the Schmidt & Bender, Inc. No mention of China either. WOW Go Figure.
s-b.png

Last edited by cpttango30; 06-05-2009 at 02:43 AM.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:17 AM   #30

I don't wanna ruin the OP, but taking advice from someone who advises a 30mm tube has better "eye relief" than a 1 inch tube is akin to asking me about quantum physics (I.E. I can talk outta my a** all day, but when you ask someone who really knows about about quantum physics, it will become very evident I was full of it).
Tube diameter means nothing in relation to eye relief.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-