Leupold Zero Point Boresighter (Collimator)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Leupold Zero Point Boresighter (Collimator)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Leupold Zero Point Boresighter (Collimator)

Leupold Zero Point Boresighter (Collimator) --

I bought one from Midway. It's "on the truck" . . . I see rave reviews. I see people using collimators, and have an idea how they function. In my book, Leupold can do no wrong . . .

Anyone have one of these? Can you describe how it functions, what it does? (I mean describe how it's used, not if it works for you.)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #2

Here's a link . . . Google found it. Looks like the copy from the manual.

The Optics Talk Forums - Leupold Zero Point Boresighter - Page 1

Old 03-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #3

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Yup. It is the copy from the manual. Once you have it in hand and have the instructions in front of you it will make sense. I still set up all my scopes and iron sights with a Site-Lite brand laser bore sighter, mostly because I'm just lazy. The Leupold bore sighter is a handy little widget that I carry in my pocket to feild check my "zero" when I feel it's necessary, and it works real well.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #4

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Looks like a lot of fuss when you can just look down the barrel unless your doing a semiauto or lever gun.

With my bolt guns I just get a good solid rest and look down the barrel and the scope. I can get it within 2" of zero 99% of the time. Like I said this is with bolt guns. I can see the use for a semiauto or lever gun where you can't look down the barrel.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #5

It's $70. Figure that compared to a box of ammo and a trip to the range, for starters.

I have 25 yds exactly from the garage to the barn door. I can bore sight, but this is faster. Besides which, .458 cal I get parallax on the bore sighting. .223 cal. I can't see down the bore to figure out where the target is on the barn door.

As noted in the instructions, sales pitch -- Useful in the field for a fast "zero check" on your optics. Besides which, it's a Leupold, and what's not to like about a kewl aiming gadget with grids and lights?

Old 03-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #6

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamFire View Post
It's $70. Figure that compared to a box of ammo and a trip to the range, for starters.

I have 25 yds exactly from the garage to the barn door. I can bore sight, but this is faster. Besides which, .458 cal I get parallax on the bore sighting. .223 cal. I can't see down the bore to figure out where the target is on the barn door.

As noted in the instructions, sales pitch -- Useful in the field for a fast "zero check" on your optics. Besides which, it's a Leupold, and what's not to like about a kewl aiming gadget with grids and lights?
You are correct sir!

Old 06-06-2014, 10:16 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Why can't I find this gizmo anywhere??? Mwaaaaa....

-
Perfecting my gear...the skill's next.
Mark