Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Leupold Zero Point Boresighter (Collimator) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/leupold-zero-point-boresighter-collimator-12233/)

SlamFire 03-26-2009 07:24 AM

Leupold Zero Point Boresighter (Collimator)

Leupold Zero Point Boresighter (Collimator) --

I bought one from Midway. It's "on the truck" . . . I see rave reviews. I see people using collimators, and have an idea how they function. In my book, Leupold can do no wrong . . .

Anyone have one of these? Can you describe how it functions, what it does? (I mean describe how it's used, not if it works for you.)

SlamFire 03-26-2009 01:18 PM

Here's a link . . . Google found it. Looks like the copy from the manual.

The Optics Talk Forums - Leupold Zero Point Boresighter - Page 1

mrm14 03-26-2009 02:55 PM

Yup. It is the copy from the manual. Once you have it in hand and have the instructions in front of you it will make sense. I still set up all my scopes and iron sights with a Site-Lite brand laser bore sighter, mostly because I'm just lazy. The Leupold bore sighter is a handy little widget that I carry in my pocket to feild check my "zero" when I feel it's necessary, and it works real well.

cpttango30 03-26-2009 06:04 PM

Looks like a lot of fuss when you can just look down the barrel unless your doing a semiauto or lever gun.

With my bolt guns I just get a good solid rest and look down the barrel and the scope. I can get it within 2" of zero 99% of the time. Like I said this is with bolt guns. I can see the use for a semiauto or lever gun where you can't look down the barrel.

SlamFire 03-26-2009 09:57 PM

It's $70. Figure that compared to a box of ammo and a trip to the range, for starters.

I have 25 yds exactly from the garage to the barn door. I can bore sight, but this is faster. Besides which, .458 cal I get parallax on the bore sighting. .223 cal. I can't see down the bore to figure out where the target is on the barn door.

As noted in the instructions, sales pitch -- Useful in the field for a fast "zero check" on your optics. Besides which, it's a Leupold, and what's not to like about a kewl aiming gadget with grids and lights?

mrm14 03-26-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlamFire (Post 87391)
It's $70. Figure that compared to a box of ammo and a trip to the range, for starters.

I have 25 yds exactly from the garage to the barn door. I can bore sight, but this is faster. Besides which, .458 cal I get parallax on the bore sighting. .223 cal. I can't see down the bore to figure out where the target is on the barn door.

As noted in the instructions, sales pitch -- Useful in the field for a fast "zero check" on your optics. Besides which, it's a Leupold, and what's not to like about a kewl aiming gadget with grids and lights?

You are correct sir!

JazzDoc 06-06-2014 10:16 PM

Why can't I find this gizmo anywhere??? Mwaaaaa....