Leupold vs Nikon
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Leupold vs Nikon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 03:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default Leupold vs Nikon

Leupold VXIII 6-20x50 vs Nikon Monarch 6-24x50, target dot. Tell me what you like better and why. Discuss. I'm thinking in another year or so of buying one of these. I'm just trying to decide how much money I need to save. lol

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #2

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts

I have a few of both. Leupold's brightness is noticeably better, but the Monarchs are a great bang for the buck. Now, the question is whether or not you want to spend a few hundred dollars more.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1198 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 499

If the Leupold is within your budget, then by all means get it. Cabelas sells the scope you listed between $780 and $970 excluding shipping, taxes, etc.

Check out Amazon.com for lowest prices, if nothing else you can get free shipping.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #4

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

I would suggest looking into the Vortex line of scopes. They make some really nice optics. Here is a link to their website
http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/viper_riflescopes

Their warranty is second to none.

Our warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale.

The VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customers. We will repair or replace your Vortex product for any reason at NO CHARGE TO YOU. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all riflescopes, binoculars, spotting scopes and monoculars.

Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
Fully transferable
No warranty card to fill out
No receipt needed to hang on to

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.

Last edited by NitroxAZ; 11-13-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
I would suggest looking into the Vortex line of scopes. They make some really nice optics. Here is a link to their website
Vortex Optics - Viper Riflescopes

Their warranty is second to none.

Our warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale.

The VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customers. We will repair or replace your Vortex product for any reason at NO CHARGE TO YOU. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all riflescopes, binoculars, spotting scopes and monoculars.

Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
Fully transferable
No warranty card to fill out
No receipt needed to hang on to

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.
I am actually currently shooting a Vortex Crossfire on my 7mm Rem Mag. Good glass for the money, no doubt. I would like to get something a little better in the future though so I maybe have to look into them more when the time comes.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #6

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1982 View Post
I am actually currently shooting a Vortex Crossfire on my 7mm Rem Mag. Good glass for the money, no doubt. I would like to get something a little better in the future though so I maybe have to look into them more when the time comes.
Definitely check out their upper end stuff.