Leupold vs. Nikon - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Leupold vs. Nikon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 02:10 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman940 View Post
I wasn't aware that I needed to pay to make a post Lon.
I was just looking over this site and saw a post that I thought I could make a worthwhile contribution too. Like you said, we all have opinions and I would not even begin to try and sway you from yours. When it comes to scopes for many it's like Ford and Chevy, I drive Ford Trucks, My choice. You might like Chevy, I'm ok with that, I'm not going to try and change you from something that works for you.
Thank you for the reply.
Bart, I tried to answer your PM, but I hit the "reply" button after I wrote it and a window popped up that said your were unable to accept PMs.

Anyway, here's what I said:

"I'm not really that annoyed, Bart, but I think that what's fair should be fair. I see your post as someone who works for Nikon trying, maybe indirectly, to sell Nikon products. That's the only beef I have with you. I see others who have paid for vendor status trying just to scrape together a living. I hope you can understand that.

Regarding Nikon itself....I LOVE Nikon products. I have always shot with Nikon cameras, I now use a D7000 and have several Nikon lenses as well that I love. Best bang for the buck in the business, in my opinion, in both DSLRs, point and shoots, and riflescopes.

And I own 15 rifles, from middle-end all the way up to high-end. FIVE of them are wearing Nikon scopes...only one Zeiss, two Swaros, and a few Leupolds. So Nikon tops my rifles more than any other!

Not trying to be an ass, honestly....but I have always been a champion of the people!

Peace, and I have no quarrel with you, you seem like a nice guy....."

Old 05-12-2011, 02:37 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Thanks

It's all good. I do not try to sell even though what I may say might influence someone to buy a Nikon scope. I don't suggest any specific retailer though I do see Grab-a-Gun is a vedor that carries Nikon optics so they would be someone your members should patronize if they are so inclined.
Thanks for the kind words about your Nikon Scopes as well. As I said before, your opinion is valued and respected here. I was just participating in the thread.
Thank you again for taking the time to respond to my posts.
I think I fixed the PM issue by the way.
I am always available to field Nikon related questions or service issues too.
Bart
Nikon Pro Staff
bbk940@verizon.net

Bart
Nikon Pro Staff

Old 05-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #13
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman940 View Post
Gunzilla, Great handle by the way.
I have been a big fan of the Nikon M-223 line of scopes as well as their BDC reticle. In the name of full disclosure, I have been doing some work for Nikon Sport Optics for the past 7 months. I have been using a
Nikon M-223 3-12x42SF Rapid Action Turret since I first had the opportunity to buy one. I demo'd one on stock DPMS .223's at a private 600 yard range in Oklahoma. Let me tell you, when I went 5 for 5 hitting a 10 in. steel gong at 600 yards I was sold. Before that I was a max 300 yard shooter with my Savage .223 bolt action, not any more. Now that Nikon has their Spot On Ballistic Program for folks to use for FREE at Nikonhunting.com, I think my accuracy is even better.
Just so you know, it's not just me either. Last summer I had the opportunity to join some guys who had never used a Nikon BDC reticle scope and these guys shot everything from 22LR's to .300 Win Mag's. The centerfires were shot out to 600 yards and watching the expressions on these guys faces as the tannerite exploded was priceless.
Just some added info as well. Nikon has a big Promotion going on till the end of May, Buy a M-223 scope from a PARTICIPATING dealer and get a FREE M-223 AR scope mount. $99 retail value. Pretty nice.
I hope this info helps?
Feel free to drop me a note if you have any questions.
Bart
Hello all,
FWIW, Bart works in conjuction with us on many of the forums that we participate on. He's a good guy looking out for and supporting the shooting community with insight and product knowledge.
IMO, he responded to a post in an informative manner. He in no way hijacked a thread with non topic sales BS as I've seen done time and time again on the forums.
Feel free to PM Bart or me with any issues or questions on product and we will do our best to assist you.

*BTW, that "FREE M-223 AR scope mount" promotion is a pretty sweet deal and I am sure that not everyone who views this thread knew about it before he mentioned it.

Doug @ Camera Land

gr8fuldoug@aol.com
http://www.cameralandny.com
212-753-5128

Old 05-13-2011, 05:28 AM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I like Leupolds. Made in America, guaranteed forever. I looked through a Zeiss once. It was better. $1500 better?