Leupold MK4 4.5x14
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Leupold MK4 4.5x14

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 296 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Default Leupold MK4 4.5x14

Stumbled upon this link a few days back. Leupold Mark IV's for, gulp...$85.

Leupold's new Hong Kong plant is offering up some tremendous deals...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-05-2011, 12:45 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6472 Times on 3438 Posts
Likes Given: 483

LOL those are some terrible fakes.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-05-2011, 02:34 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Leupold || Counterfeit Warning
From Leupold's Website

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 01-05-2011, 03:54 AM   #4

Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 47

At least they spelled it right!

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #5

Liked 13 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Ha, I often get inquiries from customers that ask me for a quote on Leupold optics. Once they get my price, they usually say "Are these real Leupold?" Yep, I just sell them for less. Definitely not for $85 bucks though...

Active LE Sniper, AR15/M16 Armorer, Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, Taser Instructor, Sniper Team Leader, and owner of www.bigrivertactical.com :D 狙击手

Old 01-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Real Leupolds, but not Leupold Gold Rings. First time I`ve seen a picture of the cheap junk, but I guess it won`t be hard to tell from the real thing.

Catfish
Ohio

Old 01-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #7

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Real Leupolds, but not Leupold Gold Rings. First time I`ve seen a picture of the cheap junk, but I guess it won`t be hard to tell from the real thing.
They are not REAL leupolds at all. Leupolds are not made in China from what I know. Even the low end budget Rifleman series and the VX-I are not made there.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:26 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2386 Times on 1306 Posts
Likes Given: 3792

A Chinese company has registered the Leupold name in communist China. Yep, it's kind of poetic justice because Leupold has a very sweet deal with a Chinese optics company that manufactures some of Leupolds range finders, binos, and spotting scopes and probably some of the Leupold non gold ring riflescopes.

Leupold gets really touch when you ask them where their rifle scopes are made. It is a confirmed fact that many Leupold products are made in communist China.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/3056627/1

Quote:
Leupold & Stevens, the Beaverton, Ore.-based maker of riflescopes, binoculars, rangefinders and spotting scopes under the "Leupold" trademark, learned in December 2001 that the Chinese government had issued a trademark for the English word "LEUPOLD" to a company it had never heard of: SAM Optics Ltd. of China.
China's trademark office rules against Leupold's claim for the 'LEUPOLD' mark. | Asia > East Asia from AllBusiness.com

Last edited by alsaqr; 01-06-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6472 Times on 3438 Posts
Likes Given: 483

i got one of their chinese range finders it works great. i would buy it again if i had to. i dont care if its made on mars as long s it works.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #10

Default Those Leupold Scopes in Hong Kong are counterfeit

Counterfeit Leupold Riflescope WarningLeupold® is issuing a customer alert to purchasers of products, particularly via Internet sales, in regards to bogus Leupold products that are apparently being illegally imported from the People’s Republic of China. These products bear many of the marks and trade dress of current Leupold & Stevens riflescopes making them very hard to distinguish externally from authentic Leupold products.

Counterfeited Leupold Mark 4® riflescopes and more recently, counterfeited Leupold Prismatic riflescopes have begun to arrive with increasing regularity at the firm’s Beaverton, Oregon, headquarters for service. These products are not manufactured by Leupold and are not covered by the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee.

Leupold employs serial number tracking for all its riflescopes, so if a customer finds a scope that is suspect, he or she can simply write down the serial number and call 1-800-LEUPOLD to confirm if it is indeed authentic.

Counterfeited Leupold Mark 4® riflescopes:
In general, most of the scopes appear to originate from Hong Kong (People’s Republic of China), and have “Leupold Mark 4” laser engraved on the bottom of the turret in a silver etch, while the black ring on the objective is etched in white and does not include the name “Leupold”. The scopes also do not bear the Leupold medallion, a mark all Leupold scopes will always possess. An authentic Mark 4 riflescope will always be engraved black on black and have the name “Leupold” engraved on the black ring.

Identifying Marks:
Adjustments
Objective
Bottom of Turret

Counterfeited Leupold Prismatic riflescopes:
The absence of a serial number and barcode on the bottom of the scope is the easiest way to identify these counterfeits. A brass ring may be visible when looking into the objective and screws can be seen on the top of the finger click adjustments under the caps. The product name is not engraved on the black ring.

Identifying Marks:
Missing Serial Number
Brass Spacer
Screws
Engraving