LaRue Tactical
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > LaRue Tactical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Are the Larue QD mounts worth the money and are they ever on sale? I would like one for my Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4x20. Preferably the LT104.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Last edited by Squawk; 01-14-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #2

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I am using an LT-104 SPR mount atop my hunting AR-15 6.8 SPC on which I have a Trijicon AccuPoint 3-9X40.

Since I don't remove the scope, I utilized LaRue's VFZ mount hardware in lieu of the QD version. I'm very happy with the mount.

I did a fair amount of research before settling on the LT-104, and reviews indicated good results (secure mounting w/ return to zero) with the QD mount as well.

Don't know about sale availability.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 01-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6018 Times on 3152 Posts
Likes Given: 431

Ive got both larue and adm mounts. The adm are much better than the larues. Over repeated mount dismount cycles the larue mounts lose temlnsion and have to be rezeroed. This isnt a problem with the adm mounts.

Larue mounts will also bugger up your rails overtime from repeated usage.

Soon as mine started showing wear marks i got rid of my larue rco acog mount. Replaced it with a adm. American defense manufacturing. Made in wisconsin.

I dont mind honest wear marks but a qd mount shouldnt dig holes in an upper

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-15-2013, 03:57 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

According to the comparison on AR15.com, the ARD QD mount did more damage to the rail the the Larue. Is it possible your issue is isolated? I haven't found to many negative things about the Larue.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:06 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6018 Times on 3152 Posts
Likes Given: 431

the larue mount slices into the rail section it sits on. the adm mount presses into the rail section. if you follow the larue instructions it mounts up solid for a few rotations on on and off. then it starts to cut into the underside of the rail. mine also loses tension after a few cycles and needs to have the nut screwed back down a bit and rezoring the optic has to be done.

ive not had any issues with the adm mounts working loose or damaging the rail sections.

folks that dont use a lot of different optics or constantly mount and dismount their optics wont have any issue with larue mounts. as for me im not buying them again.

ive still got one of their vfz mounts and its going by-by the ext time the optic on that rifle gets taken off. i just dont like their blade type system.

of course this is just my opinion based on my experiences with their products

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 01-15-2013 at 04:09 AM.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:27 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 361 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
According to the comparison on AR15.com, the ARD QD mount did more damage to the rail the the Larue. Is it possible your issue is isolated? I haven't found to many negative things about the Larue.
Remember, everyone at ar15.com are Larue fanboys. True Larue makes great stuff but they're not the end all be all.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.