Lapping, Aligning and Torquing scope rings - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Lapping, Aligning and Torquing scope rings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

M14sRock, Thank You for taking the time to do this. As usual, it is very well written and easy to understand, the pics alone are worth a thousand words. Great job and thanks again!!

I vote that this post should have sticky status!!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #22

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poink88 View Post
The rest (specifically the precision part) can be taken cared by the scope.
Nobody is chasing you away, but the whole point of lapping and aligning is specifically so that the scope tube does not have any pressure on it.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-18-2010, 11:11 PM   #23

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Yep. If you keep reading my posts I will gt you to spend lots of money. Hahaha.....
Ordered! Damn I'm easily influenced

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 09-19-2010, 03:33 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Ordered! Damn I'm easily influenced
Did you talk to John? He knows his gravy, fo sho.

I recently saw that that he now has 34mm. I have the rest, so may need to add that one. Lots of 34mm tubes out there now.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-19-2010, 03:35 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
M14sRock, Thank You for taking the time to do this. As usual, it is very well written and easy to understand, the pics alone are worth a thousand words. Great job and thanks again!!

I vote that this post should have sticky status!!
Thanks, P-Mo. I took a bunch of pics, but my pics skillz are weak. I need Lon or Tango to come over and get some good pics. Ha.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 09-19-2010, 03:50 AM   #26

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Did you talk to John? He knows his gravy, fo sho.

I recently saw that that he now has 34mm. I have the rest, so may need to add that one. Lots of 34mm tubes out there now.
He was great and we had a nice chat. I told him how I came to hear about his product in your thread and gave him the link to the forum. He found that very interesting so I suggested he stop on by and check us out.

Again, thanks for the write up. I remember doing this back when I was a younger, not with anything professional, but I have not done it for my mount I'm using now with the Weaver you recommended. That will get done as soon as it hits my doorstep.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 09-19-2010, 03:55 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
He was great and we had a nice chat. I told him how I came to hear about his product in your thread and gave him the link to the forum. He found that very interesting so I suggested he stop on by and check us out.

Again, thanks for the write up. I remember doing this back when I was a younger, not with anything professional, but I have not done it for my mount I'm using now with the Weaver you recommended. That will get done as soon as it hits my doorstep.
Cool. I hope he checks us out. God knows I've facilitated the sale of enough of his stuff over the years. Ha.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 09-19-2010, 11:48 PM   #28

I have checked you out! A good discussion, but a couple of corrections. First, I'm not a master machinist, I'm self-taught. I do know my way around a lathe and milling machine pretty well, though. I always save my mistakes 'cause there will come a time when I need a piece of stock that size. Next, I'm not a precision match shooter, but I'm death on squirrels with my little Sheridan pellet rifle. I kill about a hundred or so a year. I'm a good shot on game, too. My last 7 shots with my little Ruger #1 in 7x57 has netted seven bucks. Did I mention I'm cheap? A box of ammo can last me a long time. I'm old and grouchy, ask my wife. One thing I hate is junk that you pay good money for that doesn't work the way it's supposed to. It's very hard to get good stuff made in the USA any more. That's sad because the American worker is the most talented in the world and they have always taken pride in what they do and make. American shooters are the most honest friendly and trustworthy folks on the face of the earth. I have take their checks and shipped products to them since 1995 and I've never gotten a bum check. Sometimes I even ship before receivng payment payment if the guy is in a panic (he does have sound right, though). You all need to hear that a lot more often than you do. Give yourselves a well deserved pat on the back because you ARE the nicest, most trustworthy folks walking around this earth. Shooters are the cream of the crop!!

Old 09-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #29
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 305 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I vote for a sticky.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:17 AM   #30

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Oh SOB I guess I am going to order me a 1" set here in the next month or two. DAM YOU.

I gotta try this now.