Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Intelliscope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default Intelliscope

Has anyone used the intelliscope? I downloaded the free app, but I'm worried about how an IPhone or iPod would hold up on the firing line. It's a cool concept, with filming your shot, sharing on social media sites, load out charts GPS, local weather conditions and other cool options .. Just looking for feedback.http://inteliscopes.com/

image-869429105.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2708 Times on 1860 Posts
Likes Given: 542

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCapt
Has anyone used the intelliscope? I downloaded the free app, but I'm worried about how an IPhone or iPod would hold up on the firing line. It's a cool concept, with filming your shot, sharing on social media sites, load out charts GPS, local weather conditions and other cool options .. Just looking for feedback.http://inteliscopes.com/
Not sure if Id mount my iPhone 4S or my 5G iPod Touch to a Gun with a moving slide,..no matter how safe the mount is....I have seen adapters that put it on a spotting scope, which i'd have no trouble doing......

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 08-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball

Not sure if Id mount my iPhone 4S or my 5G iPod Touch to a Gun with a moving slide,..no matter how safe the mount is....I have seen adapters that put it on a spotting scope, which i'd have no trouble doing......
That's what I'm thinking too.. Saw an ad for it so I downloaded the app.. It's got some pretty cool features, more of a novelty tho.. I may get one when the price of the mount drops .. Think it would be fun on a low caliber low recoil bolt action.. My kids are avid gamers and even tho they come to the range with me, this may get them more engaged ..

Old 08-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
Camo, you are lucky to see it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1702 Times on 942 Posts
Likes Given: 5178

Won't be long and their will be plenty of smart phones sitting in peoples junk drawers.

I would not use my daily phone. Same concerns of recoil or unintended abuse.

But then again, I am unsure that the intended purpose of displaying POA, would be comprised before the unit is damaged.
Might be fun for the grandkids on a 22 shooting CBs

Old 08-20-2013, 02:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL
Won't be long and their will be plenty of smart phones sitting in peoples junk drawers.

I would not use my daily phone. Same concerns of recoil or unintended abuse.

But then again, I am unsure that the intended purpose of displaying POA, would be comprised before the unit is damaged.
Might be fun for the grandkids on a 22 shooting CBs
Yes, it would prolly work great on a 22.. Don't have grand kids yet.. I was at the range today and just opened up the app and tried looking down range with it.. Not to bad up to 25 yards, it's fairly clear.. Like you said.. Prolly best not to use it on your everyday phone .. But hey.. An older phone .. Could be fun.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:16 AM   #6

I actually "walked" into an older 4G iPod Touch today, while doing some Consulting work for an older gentleman who had already bought an iPhone to replace the iPod...so I might try it Mounted to a Shotgun or 22LR....
I bought it to try it out with the Spotting Scope & Mount I bought today with my newest Ammo Purchase...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 08-20-2013, 05:47 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
I actually "walked" into an older 4G iPod Touch today, while doing some Consulting work for an older gentleman who had already bought an iPhone to replace the iPod...so I might try it Mounted to a Shotgun or 22LR....
I bought it to try it out with the Spotting Scope & Mount I bought today with my newest Ammo Purchase...
sweet!! Keep us posted on how it works.. I like the recording your shots, it's just limited to the zoom of the phone .. But basting some watermelon and sharing it would be interesting..

Old 08-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #8
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 870 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 220

I will put the app in an iPhone I no longer use. App had not yet published, last time I looked for it.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #9

Hoping to have the mount by Friday along with the Ammo & optics ordered( 2 Burris FF2's & one FF3 plus a 536 Prism sight for the Mini-14 & a Trueglo 2x42 for the new shotgun)...and it is published, downloaded it this morning...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.

Last edited by DrFootball; 08-20-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
I will put the app in an iPhone I no longer use. App had not yet published, last time I looked for it.
The app is there .. I downloaded it..

image-586044419.jpg