I have a World war 2 style M1 .30 carbine

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > I have a World war 2 style M1 .30 carbine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default I have a World war 2 style M1 .30 carbine

I have a, well, a wwII style M1 .30 carbine that u use to hunt with, its a nice weapon, good bush whacking rifle, small for my size, and good for deer, but where i hunt i have a little more range then id like, its accurate up to 100 yards but i shoot a little further then that. i was wondering if there was any way that i might be able to attach a medium range scope/sight for it, im not really comfortable with the peep sight that it has on it, is there anyone who may be able to help me out?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #2

Liked 1487 Times on 899 Posts
Likes Given: 347

Just my opinion, but if you are shooting at ranges needing a scope, you may be caliber challenged with the .30 carbine.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 11-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Just my opinion, but if you are shooting at ranges needing a scope, you may be caliber challenged with the .30 carbine.
that is very true BUT, at the moment its all i have and i like this weapon very much, im just looking for something that might help but not ruin the integrity of the WWII style, something i can attach without destroying it

Old 11-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5740 Times on 2999 Posts
Likes Given: 380

S&K : Scope Mount fits M1 Carbine, no rings (794-001-130) - Brownells

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8950 Times on 3875 Posts
Likes Given: 1401

It is certainly possible to scope an M1 Carbine. However, in the end, you still have a fairly hot pistol cartridge, and a scope really does not increase the energy of the .30 carbine cartridge.

If money is a challenge right now, you can get a decent Moisin- Nagant for what you will spend on a scope mount, rings and a scope for the carbine.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:56 AM   #6

Default Your M1 carbine

I love mine too. It is just a fun gun to shoot and you can be accurate out to 300 yards on iron sights I will list a scope mount and some scopes. Just remember it does not hit that hard over 150 yards.

M-1 Carbine Weaver Scope Mount

Trophy 1x28 Red Dot Site 4 Intrch

Huntsman 3-9x40mm Rd/Grn/Blu Dot

Check out the rest of the sight you might find some other things.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #7

This stuff is awesome....

Old 11-03-2011, 08:59 PM   #8

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

What c3shooter said. The M1 carbine is a super cool little gun, and I know several people who have taken many deer with them, but beyond 100 yards or so, I think I would have to say go with a more powerful round. And, like c3 said, a Mosin Nagant will be cheaper (even with ammo) than a scope set up for the M1 carbine. Plus, it's a beautiful rifle in a kind of rugged, russian, good for a rifle or a club, kind of way.