Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   holographic sight for an AK (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/holographic-sight-ak-56095/)

Norman99 01-23-2012 01:00 AM

holographic sight for an AK

Anyone out there got a reccomendeation for a holographic sight for my AK. Also, please include what type of mount I would need to said sight. Thank you.

philobeddoe 01-23-2012 01:38 AM

palmetto state armory was running a special on Aimpoint H1 Mini Micros, comes with a quick release mount; $449+ shipping, sweetheart of a deal

strap it to an Ultimak up front, or either a TWS Dog Leg or Parabellum's AKARS in the back

that'd be your ultimate setup

if you're looking to save a little loot, Primary Arms has a quality knock off and you can buy it as a combo with the Ultimak at a discount

- I've currently got an Aimpoint H1/Ultimak setup on one rifle, and an Eotech 552/Ultimak on another, the former is the way to go, but seriously consider the other rail mount options above.

HTH!

xSTRIKERx 02-10-2012 05:53 PM

LaRue Tactical used to make a nice reddot that mounts on the rear sight as a replacement 2moa last time I checked its been a few years

AleksiR 02-11-2012 12:53 AM

I believe the only true holographic sights available nowadays are the EO-Techs, but a red dot sight would work just as well on an AK. Really depends on how much you're willing to pay for the setup. I went cheap on mine, as I'm not sure yet if I want to run optics on my Saiga. I ordered the Ultimak gas tube mount and a Bushnell TRS-25(Aimpoint T-1 look-alike red dot) couple days ago, both have received good reviews but won't break the bank.

xSTRIKERx 02-11-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AleksiR
I believe the only true holographic sights available nowadays are the EO-Techs, but a red dot sight would work just as well on an AK. Really depends on how much you're willing to pay for the setup. I went cheap on mine, as I'm not sure yet if I want to run optics on my Saiga. I ordered the Ultimak gas tube mount and a Bushnell TRS-25(Aimpoint T-1 look-alike red dot) couple days ago, both have received good reviews but won't break the bank.

How did that ultimak turn out will it hold a zero just curious

AleksiR 02-11-2012 01:44 AM

I haven't received it yet, hopefully will get it in a couple of weeks. I'll tell you when I've tested it.

xSTRIKERx 02-11-2012 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AleksiR
I haven't received it yet, hopefully will get it in a couple of weeks. I'll tell you when I've tested it.

Sounds good

southernfirepower 02-14-2012 01:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would recommend and eotech they work great and as far as rails go I would check out Texas weapon systems they have a great rail I currently have it on my ak. It holds zero and does not move at all

Attachment 39286

I also have a review of the rifle on YouTube if you wanna check it out

philobeddoe 02-15-2012 06:04 AM

Yeah, post the youtube link. That rifle looks fantastic, nice work.

OP, sorry about going off on reflex sights when you specifically said holographic. In that case, you're looking for an Eotech, there are plenty of good choices. There's lots of mount options; Texas Weapons Systems, Parabellum Armament's AKARS, RS Regulate's AKM Mount, Ultimak. I think Southernfirepower's set-up is pretty sweet.