Holographic/Red Dot - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts >

Holographic/Red Dot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 03:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 38 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Those are them. You will want either "High" rings, or a riser (maybe both) to get them to co-witness.

Let me check my "spare rings bins" and see if I have a single 30mm QD for you.

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
Old 07-19-2010, 07:25 AM   #12
Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Right on. Now if I could lay down the cash for a red dot Monday or Tuesday and find a killer deal on some 70+ grain 5.56 I'd be a shooting!
Old 07-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #13

Originally Posted by Josey Wales '94 View Post
1)What is the best red dot/ holographic sight under 100$?
2)What MOA for 0-150 or 200 yards?
3)Will my AR's front sight post obstruct the view of the red dot/holo?
4)Which is better red dot or a holographic?

I'm most worried about number three...
For starters, good luck with finding a good red dot for under $100.....Remember you get what you pay for.

2) If your looking for the perfect MOA it would be the 2 MOA which you can find on the CompM3 Aimpoint for around $450 if you shop. The most common is the 4 MOA on sights like the H-1 Aimpoint or the Eotech series.

3) Depending on what if any front sight you are using, you can use a riser or nothing at all. I for one believe in having a back-up system in case your electronic optics fail in the middle battle. If you do have a front sight, you will have to have the riser to raise the elevation of the optic to co-witness the red dot with the front sight. This is easy to install and costs from $75 to anywhere over $100. LaRue makes a good one as well as A.R.M.S.

I hope this makes sense. If you have any questions please ask!

4) In regards to which is better, that is going to be preference of the user. I prefer the red dot which appears to be more crisp, and have found the Eotech sights with the circle to become blurry.

Holographic/Red Dot - Optics & Mounts
J. Paletta
Stone Cobra Tactical Inc.

"Train like your life depends on it"

Last edited by StoneCobra; 07-24-2010 at 10:54 PM.