Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Henry Scope Mount Install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1597 Times on 858 Posts
Likes Given: 2600

Default Henry Scope Mount Install

I installed my Henry Cantilever Scope mount and rings today and since I've seen a lot of interest in this rifle here I thought I'd share my experience and hopefully make a positive contribution to the forum. Here goes...
The Golden Boy scope mount, ordered from Henry's website ($27.50). It comes with two set screws and an instruction sheet:

The rings. Henry recommends Weaver Style rings:

As per Henry's instructions you have to remove the rear site. It is held in place by a tiny set screw and dove tail mount. I used a jeweler's screwdriver for the set screw and had to gently tap the dove tailed sight out. Be careful here...

I found it easiest to install the rings on the mount prior to installing the mount on the barrel:

More to follow...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-02-2013, 01:44 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Henry's instructions explain that "if your gun came with predrilled holes for the mount, proceed to blah blah blah" If not, you may want the services of a gun smith to drill the required hole. Mine had the hole already. Yays The holes :

Test fitted, till Leupold VX-1 2-7x28mm scope arrives. Note, those are one inch scope rings for a one inch tube.

O.C.D. kicked in a little soooooo, spares bag for future use?:

Scope was due to arrive today by UPS but did not. So much for speedy reliable delivery right? I'll post more once I install the scope.

Last edited by stratrider; 05-02-2013 at 01:46 AM. Reason: spell check

Old 05-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Guess what the UPS lady brought today?

I'd love to go zero it now but it's raining cats n dogs out.

I do find that I have to raise my head up a little too much. I'm just breaking my cheek weld when I acquire a good sight picture. That's with low rings too. I'm looking into getting a cheek-piece now. I just don't want to "Bubba" it up too bad, lol. Waddayathink?

Old 05-03-2013, 01:16 AM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1081 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 507

Good looking rifle/scope mount.
There are aftermarket cheek pads that would go well with that rifle,or you can make your own if your good with your hands.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Ill bet you can get bases to mount that scope directly on the gun and leave out the other piece. Then the scope will be 3/4" or more, lower and as noted a better cheek weld can be accomplished.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Looking through my own pics I see that I actually installed the high rings. I'm going to order some low, weaver style rings to see if that will do the trick. I'll update this when I make the change.