Heavy hitter 308 build!!!!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Heavy hitter 308 build!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Heavy hitter 308 build!!!!

I currently have an M1ASOCOM2 with a VLTOR M1S-1E Modstock, HARRIS fixed Bipod, a few changes to the guts of the rifle and a 100 Rnd BETA C-MAG
Im looking for suggestions on a sight. I am inclined to add that my build is a "End of the world, sh*t has hit the fan, zombie killer, Now your on my terf," kind of build. I am trying to find an optic that will allow me to "reach out and touch," but would also allow me to keep it personal "urban," wise.
ANY IDEAS?????
STANDARD

If ever you should be tortured,
Have something to admit.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2016 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 604

OK, you are looking for a scope in the 1-24X range. Which end do you want to compromise? 4-16X, 3-12X. Pick out some numbers. With the practical shooting range of the 308 in a shorter barrel and on man size targets with close range practicality, I think I would go with a 2-10X. Nikon Monarch 2.5-10X42 would be an example not necessarily a recommendation.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am who I am and your approval is not needed.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #3

So.... Thanks again for helping to narrow it down. I have settled with a scope. LEUPOLD VX R 1.25-4by20..... Look it up.. About 700 for the beauty.

Have something to admit.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:19 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5741 Times on 3000 Posts
Likes Given: 380

My next scope will be an acog from trijicon. Green inverted v.

I currently have a nikon african monarch an older 1-4x elpaso made weaver. two leupolds one is a vx7 the other a mk4. Also have a nice nightforce and a pair of vortex red dots.

The leupolds are decent but i would rather have spent the momey on a different scope

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #5

That's you brother. All are amazing. But having Carried the MK14 through combat and supporting a LEUPOLD gave me confidence in the maker.

Have something to admit.