Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Heads up on Weaver Tactical (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/heads-up-weaver-tactical-30963/)

M14sRock 08-27-2010 03:50 PM

Heads up on Weaver Tactical

Weaver scopes have been a contender for upper mid range scopes for the last few years. Outstanding glass (Japanese, though), great mechanics, and top notch customer service.

They have a "new" Tactical scope that features Mil Dots, and 1/10 Mil knobs.

Midway has a sale on them right now. Weaver Tactical Grand Slam Rifle Scope 3-10x 40mm 1/10 Mil Adjustments Mil-Dot Reticle Matte - MidwayUSA

I don't know of another "Mil/Mil" scope of any quality that is avail for anywhere near this price.

Most entry level Tactical type scopes are "MOA/Mil", which is a pain to use.

This Weaver is only a 1" tube so adjustment range will be limited, but for this price ($299) you can't go wrong.

lonyaeger 08-27-2010 04:03 PM

Hmmmm......

M14sRock 08-27-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonyaeger (Post 339418)
Hmmmm......

Weaver is good stuff, my friend.

dog2000tj 08-27-2010 04:50 PM

Dammit all to hell!!!!! I just picked up a Zeiss 2 weeks ago for what I thought was a good price. :mad:

M14sRock 08-27-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 339461)
Dammit all to hell!!!!! I just picked up a Zeiss 2 weeks ago for what I thought was a good price. :mad:

Zeiss is always a good investment. Schott Glass is unbeatable.

This Weaver is for the guys looking at a basic Super Sniper (Not the HD), or the Millet.

But my shooting partner can afford any optics on the market, and still has about a dozen Weavers on various rifles. He has some excellent Euro scopes on his "serious use" rifles, though.

dog2000tj 08-27-2010 05:37 PM

M14s highly recommends this scope - right click, open link in new tab ... Hmmmmm ...

Hmmmmm - click - add to cart - effing M14s :eek:...

Hmmmmm - what's this? what others bought - right click - open link in new tab - effing M14s ...

Hmmmmm - click - add to cart, click - add to cart, click - add to cart, click - checkout - efffing M14s :o ...

Invoice #: 11847518 ..... grrrrr, effing M14s :(

WTF is wrong with me? :rolleyes:

M14sRock 08-27-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 339487)
M14s highly recommends this scope - right click, open link in new tab ... Hmmmmm ...

Hmmmmm - click - add to cart - effing M14s :eek:...

Hmmmmm - what's this? what others bought - right click - open link in new tab - effing M14s ...

Hmmmmm - click - add to cart, click - add to cart, click - add to cart, click - checkout - efffing M14s :o ...

Invoice #: 11847518 ..... grrrrr, effing M14s :(

WTF is wrong with me? :rolleyes:

You are obviously easily influenced by others.....

dog2000tj 08-27-2010 05:59 PM

Yeah well, whatever :p

Actually, that is just the type of scope I was looking for. I picked up the Zeiss to use at the range, not really the one I wanted either. But it's what the store had, it was local and it was a good price. What I want for my AR10 is this,

Welcome to Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc. - in the Rapid Z Ballistic RZ800 reticle

Thanks for the head up :)

bizy 09-19-2010 08:23 PM

Mine 14

I have a mini 14 the same as the Ruger mini 30 or Ruger Ranch Rifle, chambered for the 7.62X39. I love it!

My Ruger Mini 30 has a scope on it but I took it off. The reason was to see how I could shoot without a scope.. At 50' I was really surprised how accurite I could shoot. With the 9X32 scope, at 80 yards I can put every round in a 2" circle. I know you top guns can do better with iron sights, but, for me that is good...

huffmanite 09-22-2010 05:34 AM

OK, someone mentioned Weaver, couple others made a positive comment about the Weaver scopes. Then Zeiss was mentioned.

I recently purchased a Nitrex TR2 (by Weaver) scope. Nitrex has same Japanese glass and internal parts as Weaver. Nitrex TR2 models same as the Weaver Super Slam scopes. Nitrex has a TR1 series that is same as Weaver Grand Slam. Nitrex and Weaver owned by ATK.

Recently at shooting club with my discontinued model Nitrex TR2, a 3-15X42 SF/targets turrets that I bought from Natchez for a discounted price of $300+ $18 shipping/insurance. But with $100 Nitrex rebate final cost is $218.

Guy arrives and sits at bench near me with a 4.5-14X44 Zeiss Conquest with SF and target turrets....scope sells for around $850.
Eventually we chat, I compliment him on the Zeiss and later asked him to check out my new scope and give me his opinion of how it compares to his Zeiss. He will spend several minutes with my Nitrex and tell me the scope was comparable to his Zeiss. It had very good glass, just as bright and clear as his at any power, liked its adjustments on Windage/elevation, SF and etc. Even suggested he liked my reticle better than one in his Zeiss and I'd bought the least costly reticle available. Should have seen guys face when I told him I paid $218 for the scope.