Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   have a laughable question (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/have-laughable-question-65656/)

Ultimate_sig 06-02-2012 11:45 AM

have a laughable question

3 Attachment(s)
Before i ask i just want to make it clear i am only curious to know if it can be done

Now on to the question: can u use something intended for an airsoft on an ar. im going to get an acog, after some saving, but for now i found something very similar to what i want i like the look and feel of it. Its a 4x32 illuminator with red blue or green reticle. Im mounting to a custom ar, .223 5.56 nato. Will i have to zero in after every few hundred shots, it should be able to absorb the shock right. Its made by sniper and aim has a similar model heres some pics of it

Attachment 47618

Attachment 47619

Attachment 47620

c3shooter 06-02-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

can u use something intended for an airsoft on an ar
Probably not. Not designed for recoil of a real firearm. Even air rifles are different- THEY have an opposite recoil from a firearm. You can try it, do not be surprised if will not hold a zero.

You get what you pay for.

Argyle_Armoring 06-02-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 822421)
Probably not. Not designed for recoil of a real firearm. Even air rifles are different- THEY have an opposite recoil from a firearm. You can try it, do not be surprised if will not hold a zero.

You get what you pay for.

This is exactly correct. You get what you pay for. I would not use UTG or NcStar scopes or equipment on any of my rifles.

Axxe55 06-02-2012 12:38 PM

if you get a few shots before it fails from the recoil you would be lucky. scopes made for airsoft guns are not made for real firearms because of recoil. save your money and buy something made for a real firearm, not airsoft. check out Ebay for some good deals, or MidwayUSA.

Argyle_Armoring 06-02-2012 12:45 PM

Be careful of EOTech clones from China. They look just like the real thing. Buy from a respectable company and you should be okay.

www.brownells.com
www.midwayusa.com
www.gtdist.com
www.opticsplanet.com
www.cactustactical.com
www.gggaz.com

JonM 06-02-2012 01:43 PM

My advice spend the time your saving for your optic by learning to use your iron sights

nukinfuts29 06-02-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 822467)
My advice spend the time your saving for your optic by learning to use your iron sights

I like this advice. I also advocate then learning to shoot without any use of the sights.

Ultimate_sig 06-02-2012 06:39 PM

My ar was a custom build n didnt,come with iron sights

jordan89 06-02-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig (Post 822696)
My ar was a custom build n didnt,come with iron sights

you can buy them. I honestly prefer to use iron sights if I am shooting under 100 yards. I feel that I have more awareness to my surroundings when using iron sights.

trip286 06-02-2012 06:49 PM

People keep saying it's not built for that kind of recoil, and really it's not. BUT, I see airsoft guns take a beating, and the little cheapo scopes still hold their 20 yards zero pretty darn well. Personally, depending on the price, I might would go ahead and try it out. But that's the risk I would take, knowing it may be a total bust and a loss of investment.