Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > a guy is trying to screw me on my optics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe
Nice. So he's got documentable proof of $340. So he has a leg to stand on if he's willing to make a stink in small claims Court or wherever.

Live and learn my friend. Always follow a verbal agreement with an email.

Am I right or am I right?
yea, there should be a webpage like the secual offender ones for people who attempt to or do screw people over

Old 09-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #62

Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig

yea, there should be a webpage like the secual offender ones for people who attempt to or do screw people over
I think ima do that is gunna be called screwthis.com

Old 09-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2553 Times on 1279 Posts
Likes Given: 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Right before he shipped it i told him not to and i didnt want to. He shipped it n told me check it out and if u like it u can just pay me for it. I told hin i wanted it and he gave me a price. We agreed on a price he admits i paid hum the amount we agreed but says he agreed for $40 more and i better send the $40 or else
$40? Seriously? This dude is threatening a poop storm over $40?
I'm not up on all the legal things involved, but I suspect this guy has other issues between his ears. If it was $400, I could see raising a bit of a stink over it. Keep track of all your paperwork (it's alway helpful to have one's ducks in a row in case something really strange happens.) and wait him out. I suspect once he realizes that any recourse available to him simply isn't worth it for $40, I suspect he'll go after the next shiny object that catches his eye.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 09-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #64

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084
$40? Seriously? This dude is threatening a poop storm over $40?
I'm not up on all the legal things involved, but I suspect this guy has other issues between his ears. If it was $400, I could see raising a bit of a stink over it. Keep track of all your paperwork (it's alway helpful to have one's ducks in a row in case something really strange happens.) and wait him out. I suspect once he realizes that any recourse available to him simply isn't worth it for $40, I suspect he'll go after the next shiny object that catches his eye.
I'd like this but I'm on my phone... I agree... Call his bluff OP. he's the one in the wrong even if you can't "prove it" to a judge

Old 09-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #65
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Right or wrong he seller has what can be documented. But let's add the costs for this guy to try and get his $40. Filing a case in small claims court $14, gas tolls Parking to get to the courthouse, $5. Time lost from work to do this, $10 (assuming he earns $10 per hour). I got $29 so far. Then his time to actually go to court that could take a few hours....he's just trying based on what he thinks he knows, to get the few extra $$ from you. Personally, I would tell him that since the transaction occurred over the mail it's a federal issue and you will be emailing all of he correspondence back and forth to the FBI and homeland security. He should shut up then. I would not even take another call from him unless it's to tell him that you will no longer take his calls and all further correspondence should be thru either email or regular mail.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 09-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2553 Times on 1279 Posts
Likes Given: 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
Right or wrong he seller has what can be documented. But let's add the costs for this guy to try and get his $40. Filing a case in small claims court $14, gas tolls Parking to get to the courthouse, $5. Time lost from work to do this, $10 (assuming he earns $10 per hour). I got $29 so far. Then his time to actually go to court that could take a few hours....he's just trying based on what he thinks he knows, to get the few extra $$ from you. Personally, I would tell him that since the transaction occurred over the mail it's a federal issue and you will be emailing all of he correspondence back and forth to the FBI and homeland security. He should shut up then. I would not even take another call from him unless it's to tell him that you will no longer take his calls and all further correspondence should be thru either email or regular mail.
There are other options to small claims court:

http://www.judgejudy.com/submit_your_case
http://www.judgejoebrown.com/index.php
http://www.judgealex.com/
http://peoplescourt.warnerbros.com/contact.html
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 09-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #67
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

I have a long story about the people's court. All I will say is that they call you, if you file a claim it's public record. They pay for everything even if you lose you get paid or being the show. If the defendant loses the show pays what the judge awards. It's win win all around!!!
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 09-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #68

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

Let him. They're just going to laugh at him. It's not the job of a police officer to handle matters like this.

And if he's claiming that he got NO money at all, well, you have a western union way to prove that as a lie, and even if you didn't, if he didn't get any money, then why did he ship it to you?

The guy is trying to bluff, and using scare tactics. don't fall for it. Google search around for some actual legal advice from legal sources, you simply CAN NOT be arrested.

You *CAN* be sued, but he will not, and cannot win (Remember, anyone can be sued for anything, just because you CAN be sued, does not mean you've done anything wrong) Being sued is not a scary thing, unless you've done something wrong, the mere act is nothing more than taking off your glove and smacking someone with it "I challenge you to a duel!"

Proof is in the pudding. A nebraska senator sued God, in a real court case, and won by default, because God didn't show up to represent himself (herself?...Godself?)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297121,00.html
That senator is going to he'll

Old 09-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #69

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts

Going to hell

Old 09-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #70

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

I would go to the bank get 2 $20 out of the ATM go to staples lay those two $20 on the photo copier then next to them place your hand make a fist and raise the second finger from your thumb make a copy of that and mail it to him. Or just send him a photocopy of 2 $20 stuffed in your butt crack.