a guy is trying to screw me on my optics - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > a guy is trying to screw me on my optics

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
niteglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 581
Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Man that guy is really hard up for this forty bucks. He's gonna end up spending so much more to do all this lawsuit crap. What an idiot.

__________________

spit hell fire

niteglock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #52
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
drvsafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,636
Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default

Mr. OP, please answer this question clearly:

Did you reduce the amount you paid him by the WU fee they charged to send the money? Meaning did you agree to a price and did you subtract that transaction cost out of that agreed amount, thereby lower the total amount being sent to the seller?

__________________
SIG 1911 .45 ACP
SIG P229R 9mm
Beretta BU9 Nano 9mm
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56
drvsafe is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #53
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,628
Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe
Mr. OP, please answer this question clearly:

Did you reduce the amount you paid him by the WU fee they charged to send the money? Meaning did you agree to a price and did you subtract that transaction cost out of that agreed amount, thereby lower the total amount being sent to the seller?
Lol no we agreed $300 my point is that hes bitchen about $40 bucks and he chose wu...if anyone should be bitch bout $40 it should be me cause i couldve sent it via money order. But i dont bitch bout things i deal with them like a professional
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #54
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
drvsafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,636
Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default

Did you give WU $300 total and they send him whatever was left after their fees? Or did the seller get literally $300 in his hands and for some reason want an additional $40 now.

__________________
SIG 1911 .45 ACP
SIG P229R 9mm
Beretta BU9 Nano 9mm
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56
drvsafe is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,628
Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe
Did you give WU $300 total and they send him whatever was left after their fees? Or did the seller get literally $300 in his hands and for some reason want an additional $40 now.
Yes he has $300 and wants more
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #56
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
drvsafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,636
Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default

Sounds like he is trying to strong arm you. Ask him to prove that you agreed to the additional $40. I have been selling online since '99 and have NEVER shipped until I was paid in full. It's very odd.

__________________
SIG 1911 .45 ACP
SIG P229R 9mm
Beretta BU9 Nano 9mm
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56
drvsafe is offline  
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
Sounds like he is trying to strong arm you. Ask him to prove that you agreed to the additional $40. I have been selling online since '99 and have NEVER shipped until I was paid in full. It's very odd.
I agree and am in the same boat as you. The thing about this situation though that is different from any of my experiences is that the guy sent him the optic first for a trade, then the OP decided he wanted to flat out buy it after getting it.

So technically it was shipped before any cash agreement was ever made

...unless i'm misunderstanding something, OP?
__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois
PrimePorkchop is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #58
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,628
Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

I agree and am in the same boat as you. The thing about this situation though that is different from any of my experiences is that the guy sent him the optic first for a trade, then the OP decided he wanted to flat out buy it after getting it.

So technically it was shipped before any cash agreement was ever made

...unless i'm misunderstanding something, OP?
No u are right
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #59
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,628
Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe
Sounds like he is trying to strong arm you. Ask him to prove that you agreed to the additional $40. I have been selling online since '99 and have NEVER shipped until I was paid in full. It's very odd.
He had told me originally $350 dropped to $340 in text messages but then a phone convo said $300
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #60
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
drvsafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,636
Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default

Nice. So he's got documentable proof of $340. So he has a leg to stand on if he's willing to make a stink in small claims Court or wherever.

Live and learn my friend. Always follow a verbal agreement with an email.

Am I right or am I right?

__________________
SIG 1911 .45 ACP
SIG P229R 9mm
Beretta BU9 Nano 9mm
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56
drvsafe is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Did I screw up? rferguson61 General Rifle Discussion 13 11-14-2011 06:20 AM
Anthem screw up NGIB The Club House 46 02-08-2011 02:47 PM
Why I Say Screw the Bailout BigO01 Politics, Religion and Controversy 16 10-01-2008 09:56 AM