Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > a guy is trying to screw me on my optics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Have the paper from western union n it was over the phone everythi.g elae was text
Well, you still can't be arrested and the police won't show up at your door

*BUT*

Im still unclear about one thing

IF you have no way of proving that you agreed upon $300 instead of $340, then you'll probably be on the line for $40.00 *IF* he decides to take you to court.

I'm not saying you're lying, i'm just talking about what you can prove. He can prove he shipped it first, then you decided to pay, so the ball is technically in his court, if he has something to show $340, and you have nothing to show $300...he might have you for $40.00 + court costs

(anything over $20.00 is eligible for small claims court)

Old 09-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #42

Liked 244 Times on 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

Well, you still can't be arrested and the police won't show up at your door

*BUT*

Im still unclear about one thing

IF you have no way of proving that you agreed upon $300 instead of $340, then you'll probably be on the line for $40.00 *IF* he decides to take you to court.

I'm not saying you're lying, i'm just talking about what you can prove. He can prove he shipped it first, then you decided to pay, so the ball is technically in his court, if he has something to show $340, and you have nothing to show $300...he might have you for $40.00 + court costs

(anything over $20.00 is eligible for small claims court)
Even if that it would be $300 plus $36 westerern union payment total of $336 so it would be $4

Old 09-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #43

Quote:
Even if that it would be $300 plus $36 westerern union payment total of $336 so it would be $4
Well, the $36.00 is on you though, it wouldn't get added to the equation...they would tell you that Western Union as payment was your choice, you could have just mailed him a check, or sent it through something like PayPal... he would still have you for $40.00 if he wants to be a liar and you have no proof

Old 09-08-2012, 01:24 AM   #44

Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts

If u have the message he sent you with your mothers address and yours. Take that as evidence that he's threatening your family.

I would hope this is all over more than 500 extra dollars or so. If not, this guy is pathetic.

Update. I just read the last page of posts. This guy is going through all of this over 40.00. Holy! That guy must be really hurting for money. Tell him to blow you. And leave it at that. Good luck though man. Merchants like that have to be stopped.

spit hell fire

Last edited by niteglock; 09-08-2012 at 01:27 AM.
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 09-08-2012, 01:31 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock
If u have the message he sent you with your mothers address and yours. Take that as evidence that he's threatening your family.

I would hope this is all over more than 500 extra dollars or so. If not, this guy is pathetic.

Update. I just read the last page of posts. This guy is going through all of this over 40.00. Holy! That guy must be really hurting for money. Tell him to blow you. And leave it at that. Good luck though man. Merchants like that have to be stopped.
Yea over $40, im not swnding for the fact of the matter and yes i have the text he sent with my address along with my mothers. See i took over payment of my mothers house and she moved so i guessex thats hiw he pullex up her name but also pulled up my pre ious address

Old 09-08-2012, 01:32 AM   #46

Quote:

Well, the $36.00 is on you though, it wouldn't get added to the equation...they would tell you that Western Union as payment was your choice, you could have just mailed him a check, or sent it through something like PayPal... he would still have you for $40.00 if he wants to be a liar and you have no proof
Ao if he took me to court i obviously couldn't go and then he would win???

Old 09-08-2012, 01:33 AM   #47

Quote:
Yea over $40, im not swnding for the fact of the matter and yes i have the text he sent with my address along with my mothers. See i took over payment of my mothers house and she moved so i guessex thats hiw he pullex up her name but also pulled up my pre ious address
niteglock brings up a good point

You can prove that he's harrassing/stalking you ... use that against him. If he wants to play hard ball, bring a big bat.

In the end, even if you lose, you're only out a little time, $40.00 and some court costs...at least you don't have to sleep with one eye open thinking about police showing up at your door...

i'd still report him to armslite though

Old 09-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #48

Quote:

niteglock brings up a good point

You can prove that he's harrassing/stalking you ... use that against him. If he wants to play hard ball, bring a big bat.

In the end, even if you lose, you're only out a little time, $40.00 and some court costs...at least you don't have to sleep with one eye open thinking about police showing up at your door...

i'd still report him to armslite though
Do i show my local pd this or his. O cant believe some one would do all this natural i got pissed when my mother was mentioned. I traded a vuy in indiana slidfide for slidefire and that went very smooth. I just assume if your dealing with firearms you have to be mature

Old 09-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #49

Quote:

He chose western union i offered to send a money order. He said if i didnt send it to him today he was calling the sheriff....actually stepping back and thinking a out makes me laugh now.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:20 AM   #50

Quote:
Ao if he took me to court i obviously couldn't go and then he would win???
Well, if he sues you, he has to get a lawyer that is licensed to practice in your state and sue you in your county. He can't file where he lives and expect you to show up.

Quote:
He chose western union i offered to send a money order. He said if i didnt send it to him today he was calling the sheriff....actually stepping back and thinking a out makes me laugh now.
Yes, but it's still the matter of sending the money v.s. the money that he claims should have been sent.

For example, when you use a credit card at a retail store, they're actually paying about 1.8% - 3.2% of the transaction amount.

They don't tack that onto your bill directly (they might raise prices gradually to compensate) or at gun shows a lot you'll see them charge you 3% if you want to use a card, this is to cover the fee.

But they're up front about it, and not waiting until you leave the store to say HEY!!! You only paid 97% of your transaction!!

In the end, what it'll boil down to is that he claims you should have paid $340.00, but you only paid $300.00

So unless you have something to prove otherwise, he might (might, not a certainty) win against you in small claims court for $40.00

If you want my personal opinion, you have two choices:

Stick to your guns and don't pay him, risk him taking you to small claims court (honestly, I don't see him doing that, or he would threaten that, instead of calling the police, this guy is either a scam artist or a total moron...or both)

Or pay him.

If it were me, I'd refuse to give in. He agreed to $300, and i'd make him go through all that nonsense, building up all that negative karma, just to get $40.00

I'd rest easy man, no cops are gonna take you away or even show up. Screw this guy. Call his bluff.