a guy is trying to screw me on my optics - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > a guy is trying to screw me on my optics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113

It is like Craigslist but just for guns.
No it was an aimpoint which sells for $350 and its used...i sent him money anc he says hell take my text messages to rhe local police and press charges. I dont live with my mother i dnt know how he got her info and does it matter that he lives in wisconsin n im in tx

Old 09-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #22

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
No it was an aimpoint which sells for $350 and its used...i sent him money anc he says hell take my text messages to rhe local police and press charges. I dont live with my mother i dnt know how he got her info and does it matter that he lives in wisconsin n im in tx
Background checks. Google searches. It's easy to find information on people w/ the internet. It really is

Old 09-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Let him. They're just going to laugh at him. It's not the job of a police officer to handle matters like this.

And if he's claiming that he got NO money at all, well, you have a western union way to prove that as a lie, and even if you didn't, if he didn't get any money, then why did he ship it to you?

The guy is trying to bluff, and using scare tactics. don't fall for it. Google search around for some actual legal advice from legal sources, you simply CAN NOT be arrested.

You *CAN* be sued, but he will not, and cannot win (Remember, anyone can be sued for anything, just because you CAN be sued, does not mean you've done anything wrong) Being sued is not a scary thing, unless you've done something wrong, the mere act is nothing more than taking off your glove and smacking someone with it "I challenge you to a duel!"

Proof is in the pudding. A nebraska senator sued God, in a real court case, and won by default, because God didn't show up to represent himself (herself?...Godself?)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297121,00.html

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 09-07-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

Let him. They're just going to laugh at him. It's not the job of a police officer to handle matters like this.

And if he's claiming that he got NO money at all, well, you have a western union way to prove that as a lie, and even if you didn't, if he didn't get any money, then why did he ship it to you?

The guy is trying to bluff, and using scare tactics. don't fall for it. Google search around for some actual legal advice from legal sources, you simply CAN NOT be arrested.

You *CAN* be sued, but he will not, and cannot win (Remember, anyone can be sued for anything, just because you CAN be sued, does not mean you've done anything wrong)

Proof is in the pudding. A nebraska senator sued God, in a real court case, and won by default, because God didn't show up to represent himself.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297121,00.html
Thankyou all, i kinda fell like an idiot for almost falling for it. I really wish i didnt send him oney at all
Old 09-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Thankyou all, i kinda fell like an idiot for almost falling for it. I really wish i didnt send him oney at all
No need to feel like an idiot, just be thankful you didn't fall for it.

And seriously - go report his ass. FTC, Attorney General, Sheriff, and Armslist. Will he get in "Trouble"? I doubt it, but when they're investigating his actions, it'll be enough to scare the **** out of him...and pretty sure he'll get black listed on armslist (or banned)

If you don't, he'll just do it to someone else. You are in a position to put his ass in its place right now.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #26

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
I was giving him an example of what armslist is.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #27

Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig

Yes all i have optic
Good. Screw him then!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop
also, contact Armslist to make sure they're aware of the non-sense he's pulling. No reputable dealer wants people like that conducting business in their website.
Excellent idea
Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #29

I'm a private investigator. Private message me and I'll call the low life and tell him to cut the crap!

Old 09-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan16

Good. Screw him then!!!
N i think tge worse part is he claimed to be ex military