got my first trjicon
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > got my first trjicon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default got my first trjicon

Anyone know how much it cost to fill the tritanium. Mine is almost out and is very dull. Does it fall under warranty for refilling. I have the acog reflex optic 1x24.

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product2.php?id=Reflex&mid=1x24

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #2

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_BNTNS.php

You'll have to call Trijicon to find out how much it runs.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5659 Times on 2956 Posts
Likes Given: 374

the tritium capsule is under warranty not to dim ahead of its projected lifespan. if its past that point then its not under warranty. i THINK its like 100ish for a refill while there they go over the optic and give you the oppurtunity for a complete overhaul if you want it.

when i send mine in, in a decade or so ill have them overhaul it totally. will be like getting a brand new one back

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
the tritium capsule is under warranty not to dim ahead of its projected lifespan. if its past that point then its not under warranty. i THINK its like 100ish for a refill while there they go over the optic and give you the oppurtunity for a complete overhaul if you want it.

when i send mine in, in a decade or so ill have them overhaul it totally. will be like getting a brand new one back
When they overhaul it do they replace everything

Old 10-21-2013, 12:02 AM   #5

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

Its probably more now than normal there is a Tritium shortage in this country since we had partial production shut down after the cold wars end.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Old 10-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
Its probably more now than normal there is a Tritium shortage in this country since we had partial production shut down after the cold wars end.
Why does it cost so much to refill these things and an optic like eotech cost $3 for a new battery...mad

Old 10-21-2013, 12:45 AM   #7

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig

Why does it cost so much to refill these things and an optic like eotech cost $3 for a new battery...mad
Tritium is radioactive and lasts like 12 years.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:19 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5659 Times on 2956 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
When they overhaul it do they replace everything
they replace anything that is even slightly worn relube the innards repurge it and bring it back to spec. they will give you a quote before doing anything like that. just stay in touch with them.

contact trijicon with the serial and they can tell you how old it is

Quote:
because tritium doesnt fail like electronics can. handling radioactives safely isnt cheap. tritium is also poisonus to breathe touch eat.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #9

Liked 2187 Times on 1290 Posts
Likes Given: 474

Quote:
If you could buy cheap tritium at the hardware store and change tritium at home, it would be cheap. One of the reasons I have held off of buying a Trijicon. Also I haven't been able to get comfortable with the ACOG. I also got a screaming deal on my EOTech. Aimpoint's battery life really makes Tritium in a reflex sight seem like less if an advantage. Electronics or not, Aimpoints are pretty tough.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post

If you could buy cheap tritium at the hardware store and change tritium at home, it would be cheap. One of the reasons I have held off of buying a Trijicon. Also I haven't been able to get comfortable with the ACOG. I also got a screaming deal on my EOTech. Aimpoint's battery life really makes Tritium in a reflex sight seem like less if an advantage. Electronics or not, Aimpoints are pretty tough.
Yea I have a Aimpoint pro I love it, also have an Eotech I like it too. I think I may just trade out the reflex acog for another Eotech