Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Is This a good brand?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #11
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

My pleasure.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

The EOTech Magnifier is a good idea! But what is wrong with your present EOTech. It has a 1 MOA Reticle and can be used very effectively at 300 yards. You can use the 1 MOA Reticle to range and adjust for distances since everything is figured on MOA Adjustments in most of your ballistics charts.
Good Luck on your choice!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 04-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #13

Liked 1116 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

The instructors I have talked to about sights and optics most all say get fixed irons / carry handle or back up sights with a quality red dot . And most claim if u want magnification use a scope and buis . They claim 90% of the people that take their courses that try to use magnification with a red dot go blank under pressure . Like they are unsure of what to do when they do need to use it and appear to b lost. The say KISS and you will never have a problem

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 04-07-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:06 AM   #14

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
The EOTech Magnifier is a good idea! But what is wrong with your present EOTech. It has a 1 MOA Reticle and can be used very effectively at 300 yards. You can use the 1 MOA Reticle to range and adjust for distances since everything is figured on MOA Adjustments in most of your ballistics charts.
Good Luck on your choice!

Nothing wrong with my EOtech, thinking I may want some magnification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
The instructors I have talked to about sights and optics most all say get fixed irons / carry handle or back up sights with a quality red dot . And most claim if u want magnification use a scope and buis . They claim 90% of the people that take their courses that try to use magnification with a red dot go blank under pressure . Like they are unsure of what to do when they do need to use it and appear to b lost. The say KISS and you will never have a problem
I have a fixed forward iron sight and I could get a pop-up rear iron sight to allow for co-witnessing. My original rear sight was part of my M4 handle.

Erik

A weapons ban only keeps guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. Evil doers will always find a weapon.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #15

Liked 385 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 1371

if you're only looking at 300 yards your EOtech 512 (or similiar) should be sufficient.
The EOtech has a much nicer reticle for longer range work than the Aimpoint PRO does IMO ( I own both).

The Aimpoint looks cooler but the reticle , the fine dot and the absolutely parralax free nature of the Eotech make it better at Long range.

Dont get me wrong i love my Aimpoint Pro also and prefer it for CQB type stuff but long range the EoTech 512 HWS is better IMO.

try it w/o a magnifier.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix
purehavoc Likes This