Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Is This a good brand?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default Is This a good brand?

Hi Guys,

I am running a Colt M4 Le6920 currently with an EO Tech holographic sight. I am interested in shooting out to 300 yards or so at the most. I shoot for fun and competitively among friends.

I would love to purchase a Trijicon Acog 3x or 4x but I do not have that kind of money right now.

I am interested in the following sights, please let me know what you think or if you have a suggestion for me. I am looking for a fixed sight (i think).

1: Burris AR-536 :http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-BU300210

2: Burris AR-332 :http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/6-0924452

I am new to this and looking for input. Thank you.

Erik

A weapons ban only keeps guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. Evil doers will always find a weapon.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Why not a fts magnifier for the eotech?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Why not a fts magnifier for the eotech?
I was considering that, how is the eye relief with the magnifier? Are they any good?

Erik

A weapons ban only keeps guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. Evil doers will always find a weapon.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1107 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1978

for what those Burris's cost I would take a look at a Nikon 1-4X scopes , If only at 300 yards max I would also take a look at a Aimpoint Pro and be done. Acogs are great but over priced for most civilian use .

Heres one of mine with a Nikon Monarch 1-4X scope , super clear and very very fine cross hairs and its not a problem hitting 8" steel plates at 300 yards

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 04-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
for what those Burris's cost I would take a look at a Nikon 1-4X scopes , If only at 300 yards max I would also take a look at a Aimpoint Pro and be done. Acogs are great but over priced for most civilian use .

Heres one of mine with a Nikon Monarch 1-4X scope , super clear and very very fine cross hairs and its not a problem hitting 8" steel plates at 300 yards
The scope would be better if your looking for real precision. If your looking for battle ready out to 300 yards the magnifier would be fine. I have a utg magnifier. It was about $60 (if I remember). It has plenty of eye relief (adjustable) and the eotech is paralax free.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1107 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1978

Quote:
The scope would be better if your looking for real precision. If your looking for battle ready out to 300 yards the magnifier would be fine. I have a utg magnifier. It was about $60 (if I remember). It has plenty of eye relief (adjustable) and the eotech is paralax free.
Yes you get magnification , however because your dot is behind the magnifier your dot grows also . Just a thought

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 04-07-2013, 03:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post

Isn't the aimpoint pro single power? i do see they have a 3x magnifier but that would be the same as me running an eo tech magnifier with my current eo tech sight, would it not? I will not write off this idea, but I think i am looking more for the fixed powered scope.

Well as i consider things, I guess i should keep my options open for now as I do not know for sure what I want.

Erik

Old 04-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #8
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

If you prefer the scope go with it. It is all personal preference and what you intend to use it for. I just threw out the option because you already have the eotech.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1646 Times on 899 Posts
Likes Given: 527

http://www.opticsplanet.com/bushnell-trophy-xlt-1-4x24-illuminated-4a-30mm-matte-rifle-scope.html
ar15.jpg  

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #10

Quote:
If you prefer the scope go with it. It is all personal preference and what you intend to use it for. I just threw out the option because you already have the eotech.
I always appreciate input. thank you.

Erik