Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > funky setup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default funky setup

I was looking for some advice. I really like my iron sights on my Para USA AR15. Is there any way to raise the scope that I'd like to install so I can still use my Iron Sights?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5458 Times on 2850 Posts
Likes Given: 350

If your scope has a true 1x setting you can use the irons through the scope with rings that cowitness.

Getting a scope higher than irons would take you from a cheek weld to a beard weld...

You might look more into detachable rings of some sort if you dont or cant go the cowitness route.

You can also install a detachable carry handle that will let you use the irons through a see through base. Those types of scope mountings dont work that well due to the extreme height.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 12-06-2011 at 08:01 PM.