Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Freakin' China!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Freakin' China!

Got some range time with the M700 and the Columbian Mauser. Got the Remington zeroed but the mauser is stringing shots vertically from POA. Checked mounts, rings etc... Everything is tight. Then I noticed the reticle brightness adjustment knob hanging off the scope tube. Cheap ass Ncstar 2x pistol scope grenaded itself after 25 rds. Figured the optics internally are puked as well. AHH SOO "wound eye" you want cheap scope? You get what ya pay for. Anyone have an idea on an inexpensive but reliable ler type optic? Pic below of setup.

100_1979.jpg   100_1983.jpg  

Springfield 1911: Like American express, Don't leave home without it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

DAMNIT MAN!!!!

Love the Lee turret in the background........looks just like mine. In the basement no less. Plus according to your siggy line you never leave home without your Springy 1911, AND you use a NcStar scope...

you been stalkin' me!?!?!?

I bought one of those NcStar scopes when i picked up the Ruger carbine, but could only find see thru mounts for 1" tube and this is 30mm tube. Thinking about mounting it to the 06. Now i'm wondering if its worth the time and energy and should just sell it.

They DO have a warranty....how good i dunno, never had a need for it....yet.

Might the issue be you using a pistola scope on a mauser??

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5455 Times on 2847 Posts
Likes Given: 350

Rugged and cheap are not usually able to be used in the same sentence.

Just cuz its made in a foreign country doesnt mean its crap just as made in america doesnt equate to high quality.

Vortex optics is mainly made in china and their stuff is backed by a no bs warranty. They seem to be popular. Bushnell is another that has a good following. I know there are a couple other options.

There is no company i know of that grinds its own optics here in the states. So the important part of the scope are all made in foreign countries

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #4

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2013

One of the guys I work with bought a NCStar and had the same issues , the guts just fell out , he told me to run when someone says NCstar are great scopes for the money like he was told .
FMJ I think Id sell it and get outta it before it turns itself into a parts scope