Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Finding a red dot!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Finding a red dot!!

Hey guys,
I've been looking for a red dot or scope to mount to my Romanian WASR-10. I have the scope mount already attached with the rail on top. I was looking at a BSA red dot with the flashlight and laser on the sides. I have heard good and bad on BSA, but not from knowledgable enthusiasts. So... what are your thoughts as to what I should mount on my rifle? Thanks in advance

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2214 Times on 1109 Posts
Likes Given: 1137

Wick

I am not a big fan of the BSA either. From my experience they may be OK for blasting a target at close range. But if you are expecting accuracy and tight groups better than a simple tactical shot they have a lot of parallax. Then it would depend on what price range you are looking at to improve the BSA above. If you were going to keep your rifle for a long time and save up some money. I would go for some of the best optics. EOTech Model 512, Pro Point and some of the others. I love the 512 It is fast, accurate at distance and a quality unit. Keep in mind how long it will last and the quality when you think about any cost. I know we all want to pinch pennies. But I have learned one thing in my shooting (HABIT!) carrier. Anything worth having is worth saving for! Anytime I ever bought something less than what I really wanted it cost me twice as much in the long run because it did not function as I wanted and did not please me. So I usually ended up trading, selling and taking a loss on it to buy what I should have saved for in the beginning. I know I am much older than you so here is some fatherly advice!

Old 03-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #3

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
I know I am much older than you so here is some fatherly advice!

+1 on 03's fatherly advice Wick, from another old SOB...well, sort of.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1731 Times on 943 Posts
Likes Given: 545

BSA red dots are great on a 22lr. That being said, if you dont want to spend the $ on an Aimpoint or similar, look at the Vortex StrikeFire. If your life depends on it, get the Aimpoint.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."