Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Eothech/sight mark reflex

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Lots of luck my friend
In my 50 yrs of gun exsperience i've found that spending money on quality was never a waste-
Well I have learned that you don't waste money on a name. Up and coming companies are trying to get there name out give you quality for a good price. Eotech is only that expensive cause the military uses them. If it was not for that they would be priced right. On my last 308 I had a NcStar scope and out shot every one of my friends and their high dollar scopes.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #12

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMatt72 View Post
Well I have learned that you don't waste money on a name. Up and coming companies are trying to get there name out give you quality for a good price. Eotech is only that expensive cause the military uses them. If it was not for that they would be priced right. On my last 308 I had a NcStar scope and out shot every one of my friends and their high dollar scopes.
Why of course you did & you are 100% correct on the price of the highly over rated & priced EOtech

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-28-2012, 01:25 AM   #13

Quote:

Why of course you did & you are 100% correct on the price of the highly over rated & priced EOtech
I know I am. Haha

Old 07-28-2012, 01:26 AM   #14

Quote:
I know I am. Haha
You do grasp the concept of sarcasim - right?

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-28-2012, 02:00 AM   #15

Quote:

You do grasp the concept of sarcasim - right?
Do you?????? The question was asked which one you as in me and you prefer well I go with a reasonably priced sight while you go with a highly marked up sight. I also love Glock due to the price and reliability. I bet you don't like Glock and to you it is a cheap weapon. Lol.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:17 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 14

bickering, bickering... the question is about sight mark/eotech. there is more to it than just price and name. Quality is different

I have a sight mark green dot on my mossberg HD setup and like it very much. It is plastic, its' controls are hard to adjust, difficult to zero, and battery changes are cumbersome.
Is the quality in the same ball park as EoTech? No.
Is it a good unit for it's price? Yes it is.
Will it work if the lens is shattered? not sure but I dont bet on it.
Is it cool? sure is.
Would I expect it to survive a drop? maybe, if it landed on carpet.
Would I three gun with it? no.

I have an EoTech 517 on my AR. The batter compartment is plastic but to save weight the Aluminum hood that protects the lens is robust and will withstand lots of abuse.
Does the quality live up to the hype. Yes
Will it work if the lens is shattered? Yes it will if you can see through any part of the lens with you can use it if needed.
Is it cool? Damn Right.
Would I expect it to survive a drop? Absolutely, and if It didn't I would return it for an exchange.
Would I three gun with it? Yes and I would fight with it and bet my life on it.

Look at what you are going to use the sight for. Home Defense? Range work? Plinking? Hunting? there are places and times that both sights are useful. $$$ is a huge factor and not all shooters have $400+ for a sight, I didn't but saved $ I made while overseas in Iraq and splurged on my EoTech.

we don't need to fight over the issue, the point of these forums is to give our opinion or advice, not to convince other that they are wrong and you are right.

Good luck in your choice and if you don't like it get rid of whatever you get. save or shop around. Be happy and proud of whatever you have as long as it work for what you want it to do.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:24 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgttessnc
bickering, bickering... the question is about sight mark/eotech. there is more to it than just price and name. Quality is different

I have a sight mark green dot on my mossberg HD setup and like it very much. It is plastic, its' controls are hard to adjust, difficult to zero, and battery changes are cumbersome.
Is the quality in the same ball park as EoTech? No.
Will it work if the lens is shattered? not sure but I dont bet on it.
Is it cool? sure is.
Would I expect it to survive a drop? maybe, if it landed on carpet.
Would I three gun with it? no.

I have an EoTech 517 on my AR. The batter compartment is plastic but to save weight the Aluminum hood that protects the lens is robust and will withstand lots of abuse.
Does the quality live up to the hype. Yes
Will it work if the lens is shattered? Yes it will if you can see through any part of the lens with you can use it if needed.
Is it cool? Damn Right.
Would I expect it to survive a drop? Absolutely, and if It didn't I would return it for an exchange.
Would I three gun with it? Yes and I would fight with it and bet my life on it.

Look at what you are going to use the sight for. Home Defense? Range work? Plinking? Hunting? there are places and times that both sights are useful. $$$ is a huge factor and not all shooters have $400+ for a sight, I didn't but saved $ I made while overseas in Iraq and splurged on my EoTech.

we don't need to fight over the issue, the point of these forums is to give our opinion or advice, not to convince other that they are wrong and you are right.

Good luck in your choice and if you don't like it get rid of whatever you get. save or shop around. Be happy and proud of whatever you have as long as it work for what you want it to do.
This is a post I would agree with. And I was trying to make the same point just not in so many words. Lol. I said I don't plane on tossing my AR out a plane. Thought he would have figured it out. I don't do 3 gun. No time of money for that. I plink and hunt. I hunt with a totally different weapon.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Do you?????? The question was asked which one you as in me and you prefer well I go with a reasonably priced sight while you go with a highly marked up sight. I also love Glock due to the price and reliability. I bet you don't like Glock and to you it is a cheap weapon. Lol.
Well dam- didn't mean to hit your serious nerve
But seriously- I don't like glock & you kinda took over the OP's thread

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Last edited by HOSSFLY; 07-28-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well damn. i think im going with sight mark cause it will only be used in an indoor range and i dont plan on rolling through a hall to shoot

Old 07-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #20

I just heard about this company, Sight Mark. They claim to be holographic but that probably is not the case. How does the reticle look in person?