Eotech vs Aimpoint - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Eotech vs Aimpoint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #11
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock
Aimpoint is more durable and has much longer battery life.
Really? .....

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5681 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 376

Yes. Aimpoints are tougher and longer battery life. By a lot.

My wife has a aimpoint pro on her rifle its been in the on position for months. She doesnt turn it off.

My issue with dot sights is they are about the same as iron sights up close and irons are better at any real distance. Its just easier to teach a novice to use a dot sight than a good set of irons

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #13
rab
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Well, to answer all the questions........... If the reticle of an EOtech is blurry,, it probably mean it's past time to get your eyes checked. I went down this road. patterns now are clear and well defined. The reason Aimpionts have good battery life, all they project is one dot! Eotech's generate an entire reticle. It takes time to learn what part to use for where.Yes, different parts of the reticle are for distance, close up, mid-range etc.. It takes time to learn this alone, however having some more experienced friends is a blessing.

ARMY VET - DV - NRA Life Member - Holmesburg Fish & Game
Artillery lends a bit of dignity to what otherwise would be just a savage brawl......

Old 11-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #14

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab
Well, to answer all the questions........... If the reticle of an EOtech is blurry,, it probably mean it's past time to get your eyes checked. I went down this road. patterns now are clear and well defined. The reason Aimpionts have good battery life, all they project is one dot! Eotech's generate an entire reticle. It takes time to learn what part to use for where.Yes, different parts of the reticle are for distance, close up, mid-range etc.. It takes time to learn this alone, however having some more experienced friends is a blessing.
Exactly, thats why i use it for my shotty. Buck, bird, and slugs its perfect

Old 11-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #15

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Really? .....
Yes, really.

Aimpoint battery life is measured in YEARS of continuous use.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 11-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5740 Times on 3249 Posts
Likes Given: 5177

Go with the PRO!

Winston Churchill

Old 11-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 233 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 499

I love the Aim-point, I used one while I was in the service, and it served me well. Other squadrons used the Eo-tech and they liked them ok, but battery life was not as long as the aimpoint, plus the whole unit takes up more space on the gun. Battery life is crazy on the aim point, I changed the battery in mine when I first got it and never had to change it again for my whole enlistment! And we used them everyday! Also they hold a zero really well, we really put ours throught the test and it didnt lose zero. When I get the money I will be getting a aim point for my colt. Until then I have a cheap red dot.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 11-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The EOtech vs the Aimpoint as someone mentioned earlier I believe is really what you want to do with it & yes the EOtech does more then just project a dot you can do a lot more with it(which is one reason why many SF members swear by it!! As a matter of fact I've never seen otherwise

Old 11-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #19

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arashid630
The EOtech vs the Aimpoint as someone mentioned earlier I believe is really what you want to do with it & yes the EOtech does more then just project a dot you can do a lot more with it(which is one reason why many SF members swear by it!! As a matter of fact I've never seen otherwise
The Aimpoint may outlast the battery life if that's what you are going for I prefer the HWS better then the Red dot on my personal weapon my service issued one works good but I'd rather the EOtech tho

Old 12-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #20

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

The reason I prefer the Eotech is the ease of getting to a consistent brightness, the Eotechs I have used separate buttons for brigther and dimmer. The Aimpoint has a knob that slightly clicks into place and the ones I have used are heavily used by the Military for training and the clicks are almost non-existent, it's hard to get back to a consistent brightness level.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson