Eotech Clones - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Eotech Clones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
One more thing also i'd like to express my opinions on my previous comment above.
Can you all see 70-80% of things you see everyday are made outside US?
Cos of non US products there are stores like Walmarts.. they provide employments and don't tell me you don't shop at Walmarts. I do shop there.
Aren't we grateful to have a wide selection of cheaper or alternatives products? We are the customers, good to have choices.
iPhones are assembled in China. HTC phones ar
I don't disagree with you at all. When I want cups for my cookout, i'll go buy the chinese made stuff. But when I want a good Grill, i'm not buying some flimsy piece of crap from China.

If I want something that'll stand the test of time, I don't buy anything made in China. I use wal-mart for Q-tips & pizza rolls, not car parts and furniture.

All i'm really saying is that the comment someone made earlier that "the only reason EOtech is more insensitive is because it's assembled in the USA" is just plain false.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 09-07-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 235 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 66

True. Me too. If i need something solid and worthy, i'd buy the one more expensive and well reviewed. If my wallet isn't so thick at the moment i'd just buy something cheaper to play with. Bottomline is as i said not all ofbus have deep pockets and most importantly we arebglad to have choices.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #43

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
True. Me too. If i need something solid and worthy, i'd buy the one more expensive and well reviewed. If my wallet isn't so thick at the moment i'd just buy something cheaper to play with. Bottomline is as i said not all ofbus have deep pockets and most importantly we arebglad to have choices.
My apologies if that's the way I came across. I'm not saying you have to spend a fortune to get good optics, but I am saying that you really do get what you pay for.

This isn't some magnet that goes around your wrist and "cures your illness"

What Barska will do is create an EOtech look-a-like that has a horrible reticle, fuzzy, can't hold zero, and breaks on a mouse fart...but it LOOKS the same

There are plenty of great optics manufacturers out there that aren't expensive like EOtech...they just aren't Chinese company's
okdonk Likes This 
Old 09-08-2012, 05:24 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post

What Barska will do is create an EOtech look-a-like that has a horrible reticle, fuzzy, can't hold zero, and breaks on a mouse fart...but it LOOKS the same

There are plenty of great optics manufacturers out there that aren't expensive like EOtech...they just aren't Chinese company's
Barska makes a trijicon look alike red dot. I would buy that before any eotech clone. The barska was made to be fired from a rifle. The eotech clones are for AIRSOFT GUNS. Ive seen the chinese distributor listings. They specifically say so. Anyone selling them for firearms is a shady crook and should have a *rabid badger shoved down their pants.

*(please dont harm rabid badgers. They need medical attention, not abuse)

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #45

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I have a genuine EOTech XPS-2-2 on my M4gery, a Vortex StrikeFire on my Daweoo DR-200 (The DR is in), and a EOTech XPS-2-2 Clone on my Ruger 10/22 for purposes of similarity to my M4gery EOTech. Or something like that.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6622 Times on 3690 Posts
Likes Given: 6299

Old Italian proverb:

"Cheapa U buy, cheapa U get."

and it's true.

Suck it up and get an Eotech or Aimpoint.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 09-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #47

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus
Old Italian proverb:

"Cheapa U buy, cheapa U get."

and it's true.

Suck it up and get an Eotech or Aimpoint.
Very true. The EoTech XPS-2-2 is superb. Buy quality & you will never regret it. The XPS-2 clone on my 10/22 is crap. I probably will buy another Vortex StrikeFire for the 10/22, Even though it's not similar to the EoTech on my M4gery... and that's ... OK.