Eotech Clones - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Eotech Clones

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TCH2FLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 182
Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

OK I'm callin BS and I'm going to rant a bit because this stuff gets on my nerves:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankp0575 View Post
Hey everyone,
I have come across some really good looking Eotech clones pretty cheap. I have doubts though... I know i am going to put it on a rimfire, which has very little recoil. Recoil is what usually knocks the zero out of a scope. I really want to give it a try, does anyone have any experience with these?
so the looks are an important factor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankp0575 View Post
Good news!! And I am thinking that most reasonably priced scopes and optics come from China anyway... I am giving it a shot..
Eotech and Aimpoint are so darn expensive because they are made here in the US!
only because of where they are made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankp0575 View Post
Just to be clear... It is not that I wouldn't want to support American Made, nor I am simply looking for a "clone" of an Eotech. The problem is, Eotech is much to expensive... If I was to go to war, Ok, I am buying one.... Otherwise I don't need all the bells and whistles.. I have an Aim Sports 4x32 ACOG, it is perfect... Zeroed once.. Still perfect after thousands of rounds.... Guess where that one was made? Yep CHINA.....

Look around, everything is made in China..... Bushnell is too..
As far as I can see, there are a ton of "American" optics, being manufactured in China...
Just because they come from an American company, doesn't mean crap..
Then why does the title say clone and oh wait, now EOTech has "bells and whistles" that make it more expensive? Guess what ... the bells and whistles are actually better quality components not extras!

BTW you don't have an "ACOG" or "Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight" because Aim Sport doesn't make one. ACOG is a registered trademark of Trijicon, you have something that LOOKS like one (sort of a theme here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankp0575 View Post
I understand what you are saying... But what I'm saying is if it works and holds it's zero, who really cares! you pay $600 and I will pay $80... we both hit our targets at the range and have fun (cause that's all I'm doing with it) no harm no foul.... I'm not going to run around telling people I have a real eotech.../
No you just let them think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankp0575 View Post
Yes they are! I saw a video on an Aimpoint being dropped like 30 feet out of a helecopter, (may be the video youre speaking of) very impressive. If I was staking my life on it, i would spend whatever i needed to in order to know my optic is gonna work. But i'm not so an $80 one will keep me happy plinking!
If you had said "I'm looking for an inexpensive red dot sight" instead of starting off the title referring to "EOTech clones" I'd cut you some slack because I know everybody has a budget but you asked about clones, that smacks of wannabe.
I realize that you don't want a fake that is labeled EOTech but you are still supporting the concept. Companies like EOTech and Trijicon spends lots of money engineering their products and it is a shame that people support these clones/knockoffs .... why do you need one that looks like a EOTech ... to put on an Umarex MP-5 clone so you look like a cool guy at the range?


Obviously you have never had an idea stolen or worked in an environment where the business had their intellectual property ripped off ... so yeah harm and foul. Once you have $$$ taken out of your pocket you will think twice about cheap imitations. RANT OFF
__________________

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

TCH2FLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: tampa,Florida
Posts: 12
Default

Wow, It appears someone has way too much testosterone....
I was looking for meaningful opinions on this subject and got them, so your "rant" i could give a crap less about.
Here are my thoughts about your post:

First off, if you think someone won't fire back at you, your wrong.. You really don't have to be a complete ballsack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY View Post
OK I'm callin BS and I'm going to rant a bit because this stuff gets on my nerves:
If it gets on your nerves, DON'T Read it! **** gets on my nerves too, but you don't see me eating a jackass sandwich and spewing a boat load of crap..
Move on to another post, or, simply post something useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY View Post
so the looks are an important factor?
Nope not at all, however they do look pretty nice....


Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY View Post
only because of where they are made?
Look bro, I am gonna be honest here, you won't find a more patriotic person who loves his country, but you know as well as I do, American Made Products are that way because it costs so much to make theme here...


Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY View Post
Then why does the title say clone and oh wait, now EOTech has "bells and whistles" that make it more expensive? Guess what ... the bells and whistles are actually better quality components not extras!
Title says CLONE because that is what it is.... A clone, is usually something that is made or duplicated to look like something else. Pretty much what we have here....
For me, Yes Eotech has bells and whistles... all i need is a sight that will point at my target and allow me to fire a shot down range and hit it.... I don't need anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY View Post
BTW you don't have an "ACOG" or "Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight" because Aim Sport doesn't make one. ACOG is a registered trademark of Trijicon, you have something that LOOKS like one (sort of a theme here).
Oh, I guess I don't have an "Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight" I must just have a gunsight, that is styled after an ACOG.. There, do you feel better now? WHO GIVES A ****!, REALLY? I like the scope, It works and i didn't pay a fortune for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY View Post
No you just let them think so.
You busted me.... I wanted to go to the range and feel like a Marine, with everyone thinking that I have a real EOTech... Just like they do when I whip out my AIM SPORTS ACOG! Can't get anything passed you! Maybe i should say I am TCH2FLY! That would just make me the coolest! I wouldn't need an EOTech clone then huh?



Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY View Post
If you had said "I'm looking for an inexpensive red dot sight" instead of starting off the title referring to "EOTech clones" I'd cut you some slack because I know everybody has a budget but you asked about clones, that smacks of wannabe.
I realize that you don't want a fake that is labeled EOTech but you are still supporting the concept. Companies like EOTech and Trijicon spends lots of money engineering their products and it is a shame that people support these clones/knockoffs .... why do you need one that looks like a EOTech ... to put on an Umarex MP-5 clone so you look like a cool guy at the range?
Well, if you had actually read the post and took it for what I said, you would know that obviously I am looking for an inexpensive red dot sight, but instead you decided that it would just be better to be a dick. I understand that Trijicon and EOTech spend lots of money manufacturing and designing their products. Didn't at any point bash them, as a matter of fact I would love to own one. However my budget just won't allow it. You took this entire thread out of context.
BTW... I have an HK416D which is not an MP5 clone.. it is an M4 platform


Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY View Post
Obviously you have never had an idea stolen or worked in an environment where the business had their intellectual property ripped off ... so yeah harm and foul. Once you have $$$ taken out of your pocket you will think twice about cheap imitations. RANT OFF
Actually I have had The opportunity of having an Idea stolen, but I am not gonna be a Cry Baby about it... I moved on... Obviously you haven't. And yes you are harm and foul.. Those are kind words..

Thanks for your opinion, now I am definitely going to buy one an post pictures all over this board about it and how cool i am that I got one that looks like the real deal...
__________________

you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers


Last edited by frankp0575; 03-18-2012 at 03:43 PM.
frankp0575 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:31 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TCH2FLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 182
Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankp0575 View Post
Wow, It appears someone has way too much testosterone....
I was looking for meaningful opinions on this subject and got them, so your "rant" i could give a crap less about.
Here are my thoughts about your post:

First off, if you think someone won't fire back at you, your wrong.. You really don't have to be a complete ballsack..
LOL " ... too much testosterone..." thats a pretty amusing start considering the amount of profanity in your post (which is really long considering you "could give a crap less")

Did I say anything that made you assume I was worried that "...someone won't fire back at you..." I had my rant, now you have had your hissy fit over being called a wannabe.

You are right that I didn't "need" to read it but there is a bit of a catch 22 in that I can't know what the thread is about until I read it. I read it because I have helped people (here and elsewhere) who DIDN"T WANT A FAKE by showing them how to spot the differences.

Enjoy your POS knockoffs .... it's your money
__________________

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

TCH2FLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:06 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: tampa,Florida
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY View Post
LOL " ... too much testosterone..." thats a pretty amusing start considering the amount of profanity in your post (which is really long considering you "could give a crap less")

Did I say anything that made you assume I was worried that "...someone won't fire back at you..." I had my rant, now you have had your hissy fit over being called a wannabe.
You may need a lesson in determining what is profanity..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY View Post
You are right that I didn't "need" to read it but there is a bit of a catch 22 in that I can't know what the thread is about until I read it. I read it because I have helped people (here and elsewhere) who DIDN"T WANT A FAKE by showing them how to spot the differences.
If you read the post, obviously you would have known I already know it is a fake.. In other words, don't need your help spotting the OBVIOUS differences.

I will be a "wanna be" I dont care, it works i use it, I have fun with my family out on the range.... All good....

But somehow i see you in your house, all camouflaged up, hiding behind the fake tree in the living room at war with yourself.... holding your Zombie gun with 12 flashlights, 6 laser beams and a chainsaw mounted on the front..
(of course the accessories are all high dollar) you wouldn't want to get caught in your living room with a knockoff! you could be killed!!

Thanks for your opinions anyway.....
You take this stuff way too seriously!
__________________

you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers

frankp0575 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TCH2FLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 182
Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankp0575 View Post
You may need a lesson in determining what is profanity...
Well I'm not actually making that determination I let the forum filter do that. I have no idea what you wrote but when I see a post with **** instead of a word I'm labeling it "profanity" like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankp0575 View Post
... DON'T Read it! **** gets on my nerves too...
....WHO GIVES A ****!, REALLY? I like the scope, It works and i didn't pay a fortune for it. ....
For a definition I like Wikipedia's answer:
"Profanity also known as swearing, cursing, foul speech, and cussing, is a show of disrespect, a desecration or debasement of someone or something, or just the act of expressing intense emotions. Profanity can take the form of words, expressions, gestures, or other social behaviors that are socially constructed or interpreted as insulting, rude, vulgar, obscene, obnoxious, foul, desecrating or other forms.[1]"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankp0575 View Post
In other words, don't need your help spotting the OBVIOUS differences.
Without a label you wouldn't have a clue. Read my post again ... I never tried to point out the differences to you. I was complaining about the people who buy this knockoff crap and support a bunch of criminals. Knowing a fake and buying it anyway is BS. There are plenty of brand name sights that work very well and don't try to make it look like something it isn't.

I'm not who you picture but go ahead if it makes you feel better.
As far as taking it too seriously? ... I take thieves and rip-off artists seriously and can't condone who are apathetic in that regard.
I sincerely hope you enjoy the shooting sports ... I just wish you had the bigger picture in mind.
__________________

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

TCH2FLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: tampa,Florida
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY View Post
Well I'm not actually making that determination I let the forum filter do that. I have no idea what you wrote but when I see a post with **** instead of a word I'm labeling it "profanity" like:
Exactly my point.... You don't know what I wrote...


Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY;745441[I
]Without a label you wouldn't have a clue.[/I] Read my post again ... I never tried to point out the differences to you. I was complaining about the people who buy this knockoff crap and support a bunch of criminals. Knowing a fake and buying it anyway is BS. There are plenty of brand name sights that work very well and don't try to make it look like something it isn't.
I believe you are underestimating me, you seem to think you know me, or you may just think you are the unchallenged firearm expert (i am guessing the latter based on your comments).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY View Post
I'm not who you picture but go ahead if it makes you feel better.
As far as taking it too seriously? ... I take thieves and rip-off artists seriously and can't condone who are apathetic in that regard.
I sincerely hope you enjoy the shooting sports ... I just wish you had the bigger picture in mind.
I do enjoy shooting sports, I also cherish our 2nd Amendment rights, for myself and even for guys like you..
The big picture for me is plain and simple,.... fun! I am not going to war, I pray everyday for the safe return of those who do and thank a soldier in uniform every chance i get, because if not for him, there would be no fun day at the range for my family and I. My biggest enemy is the wind on a day I take the family for a good day at the local gun range.. Therefore my equipment serves one purpose and one purpose only, A great day without breaking the bank..
If that makes me apathetic to thieves and rip-off artists in your eyes, well.. I guess i will have to live with that..

Overall, i think this thread got way out of hand, and is so far off topic now it isn't even funny.... So, until we meet again in some other thread, Have a great day...
BTW, the name is Frank, talk soon..
__________________

you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers

frankp0575 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PlaysWithZombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 880
Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Default

My advice would be to have patience and do some extensive searching. I've wanted an EOTech for years but, like you, i simply didn't have the budget for it. I finally lucked out a couple weeks ago and met a soldier who had just returned home and sold me the EOTech 552 he had on his service rifle for a mere $200, it was pretty scuffed up but the glass is perfect and the sight functions perfectly, couldn't be happier. Hope you find something that makes you happy man

__________________
PlaysWithZombies is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: tampa,Florida
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithZombies View Post
My advice would be to have patience and do some extensive searching. I've wanted an EOTech for years but, like you, i simply didn't have the budget for it. I finally lucked out a couple weeks ago and met a soldier who had just returned home and sold me the EOTech 552 he had on his service rifle for a mere $200, it was pretty scuffed up but the glass is perfect and the sight functions perfectly, couldn't be happier. Hope you find something that makes you happy man
That's A sweet deal bro.. I would jump on that!
__________________

you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers

frankp0575 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BenLuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Douglasville,Georgia
Posts: 2,181
Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithZombies View Post
My advice would be to have patience and do some extensive searching. I've wanted an EOTech for years but, like you, i simply didn't have the budget for it. I finally lucked out a couple weeks ago and met a soldier who had just returned home and sold me the EOTech 552 he had on his service rifle for a mere $200, it was pretty scuffed up but the glass is perfect and the sight functions perfectly, couldn't be happier. Hope you find something that makes you happy man
$200 for a piece of history...you simply cannot beat that price!
__________________

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

BenLuby is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

EoTechs and Aimpoints are worth the money. If you don't or can't spend the money I would recommend a Primary Arms Micro Red Dot. It is not an airsoft model. I like my Eotech and Aimpoints but realize not every firearms in the safe needs a $700 optic/mount combo. I have the PA Micro on an AK and a .22 AR. They have both served me well.

__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Eotech Rebate Program on new Eotech sights up to $80 off! nisupply Sponsor Display 0 09-28-2010 11:00 PM
Dragunov Clones Benning Boy Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 7 12-07-2008 04:45 PM
"full sized" mp5 9mm clones ARnoob Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 5 11-25-2008 01:16 PM
Century Arms HK33 clones ARnoob Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 0 09-29-2008 05:22 PM
Clones of the P7M8? countrybumpkin Semi-Auto Handguns 4 07-05-2007 10:48 PM