Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Eotech Clones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 12:43 AM   #11
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1740 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 547

http://www.usab2c.com/product/MOT_MRD-000-A1
http://www.shootingillustrated.com/index.php/4254/lucid-hd7-red-dot-optic/
http://gunkings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1266

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 03-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #12

Just to be clear... It is not that I wouldn't want to support American Made, nor I am simply looking for a "clone" of an Eotech. The problem is, Eotech is much to expensive... If I was to go to war, Ok, I am buying one.... Otherwise I don't need all the bells and whistles.. I have an Aim Sports 4x32 ACOG, it is perfect... Zeroed once.. Still perfect after thousands of rounds.... Guess where that one was made? Yep CHINA.....

Look around, everything is made in China..... Bushnell is too..
As far as I can see, there are a ton of "American" optics, being manufactured in China...
Just because they come from an American company, doesn't mean crap..

you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers

Old 03-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #13

Liked 1038 Times on 613 Posts
Likes Given: 319

I have one of the knock off brands and it has multiple reticles and colors, as long as I don't change the color or reticle it doesn't lose zero on my .22. Why pay hundreds for something when a cheap knock off meets the need identically.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 03-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #14

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankp0575
Just to be clear... It is not that I wouldn't want to support American Made, nor I am simply looking for a "clone" of an Eotech. The problem is, Eotech is much to expensive... If I was to go to war, Ok, I am buying one.... Otherwise I don't need all the bells and whistles.. I have an Aim Sports 4x32 ACOG, it is perfect... Zeroed once.. Still perfect after thousands of rounds.... Guess where that one was made? Yep CHINA.....

Look around, everything is made in China..... Bushnell is too..
As far as I can see, there are a ton of "American" optics, being manufactured in China...
Just because they come from an American company, doesn't mean crap..
My response wasn't in reference to where they were made. Mine was advising against knock-off "optics", that are in essence a toy, for toy "guns". I dont understand why someone would want something that said eotech on it, if it was not an eotech. Take it for what it's worth. You're the one who'll be living with the choice, anyway.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
My response wasn't in reference to where they were made. Mine was advising against knock-off "optics", that are in essence a toy, for toy "guns". I dont understand why someone would want something that said eotech on it, if it was not an eotech. Take it for what it's worth. You're the one who'll be living with the choice, anyway.
I understand what you are saying... But what I'm saying is if it works and holds it's zero, who really cares! you pay $600 and I will pay $80... we both hit our targets at the range and have fun (cause that's all I'm doing with it) no harm no foul.... I'm not going to run around telling people I have a real eotech...

Old 03-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankp0575

I understand what you are saying... But what I'm saying is if it works and holds it's zero, who really cares! you pay $600 and I will pay $80... we both hit our targets at the range and have fun (cause that's all I'm doing with it) no harm no foul.... I'm not going to run around telling people I have a real eotech...
I guess I misunderstood you then. I thought you were talking about fake eotechs...like you find on eBay. They are mainly geared toward looking right, rather than actually functioning.

$80 will buy a decent optic for range use, for sure. Many brands make one.

At one time, you could find eotechs for around $400, so don't let anyone lead you to believe you need $600.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #17

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankp0575 View Post
Good news!! And I am thinking that most reasonably priced scopes and optics come from China anyway... I am giving it a shot..
Eotech and Aimpoint are so darn expensive because they are made here in the US!
Ummm, and they are built to be used and abused. Just watch the Daniel Defense video with them abusing an Aimpoint T-1. Unbelievable what it can endure. I want to be able to rely on my optic, not wonder if a slight drop knocked it out of zero. Granted many can't spend $600 on an optic and that is fine, but get something with a good track record.

I've had the fake EOtech before on an airsoft rifle, for that it worked fine, but if i've seen them break if a bb hit the "glass". Also, battery power is totally different. I know my Aimpoint has a claimed battery life of 5 years left on! That is pretty damn impressive. I've had batteries in the fake EOtech go down after a week.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Last edited by jamesb; 03-16-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

It all comes down to the firearms primary use. If its not a SHTF weapon, sure throw whatever cheapo sight on it. It'll just be an "aw shucks" moment at the range if it fails. Betting your life is exactly that and a completely different priority set when it comes to optics.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog
It all comes down to the firearms primary use. If its not a SHTF weapon, sure throw whatever cheapo sight on it. It'll just be an "aw shucks" moment at the range if it fails. Betting your life is exactly that and a completely different priority set when it comes to optics.
That's pretty much the size of it, yep.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:28 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
Ummm, and they are built to be used and abused. Just watch the Daniel Defense video with them abusing an Aimpoint T-1. Unbelievable what it can endure. I want to be able to rely on my optic, not wonder if a slight drop knocked it out of zero. Granted many can't spend $600 on an optic and that is fine, but get something with a good track record.

I've had the fake EOtech before on an airsoft rifle, for that it worked fine, but if i've seen them break if a bb hit the "glass". Also, battery power is totally different. I know my Aimpoint has a claimed battery life of 5 years left on! That is pretty damn impressive. I've had batteries in the fake EOtech go down after a week.
Yes they are! I saw a video on an Aimpoint being dropped like 30 feet out of a helecopter, (may be the video youre speaking of) very impressive. If I was staking my life on it, i would spend whatever i needed to in order to know my optic is gonna work. But i'm not so an $80 one will keep me happy plinking!