Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Eotech Clones (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/eotech-clones-60276/)

frankp0575 03-15-2012 04:23 AM

Eotech Clones

Hey everyone,
I have come across some really good looking Eotech clones pretty cheap. I have doubts though... I know i am going to put it on a rimfire, which has very little recoil. Recoil is what usually knocks the zero out of a scope. I really want to give it a try, does anyone have any experience with these?

Mason609 03-15-2012 04:35 AM

I had one that I put on my AR. It was easy to zero. I shot another 200 rounds, didn't lose my zero. A week later, I shot another 500 rounds, with no change to my zero. The only issue I had, I left the batteries (AA) in and they got corroded (and no amount of cleaning got it to work again).

frankp0575 03-15-2012 11:09 PM

Good news!! And I am thinking that most reasonably priced scopes and optics come from China anyway... I am giving it a shot..
Eotech and Aimpoint are so darn expensive because they are made here in the US!

Chandler51 03-15-2012 11:13 PM

I guess I don't understand why you would want a fake that LOOKS like a real optic, when you can buy less expensive brands that are made for REAL guns.

I would advise you to look at bushnell or sun optics. They both make an ACOG look-alike that is a real gunsight.

Just my .02

mountainman13 03-15-2012 11:20 PM

I would look for a cheaper American made sight. Why support China ? By the way I would be careful ordering cheap look-alikes from China you might get nailed for buying a counterfeit. Customs is cracking down and your sight may not make it through. How much would you save at that point?

Cattledog 03-15-2012 11:26 PM

Most of those eotec and trijicon clones are sold as airsoft accessories by the retailers and even some honorable Chinese distributors. I also agree that there is a big difference from a Chinese knock off (zero quality control cause they're ripping someone off anyway) and an optic made in china for an real company (at least some QC because there's a real company accountable for the product)

HOSSFLY 03-16-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 741698)
Quote:

I would look for a cheaper American made sight.
Why support China ? By the way I would be careful ordering cheap look-alikes from China you might get nailed for buying a counterfeit. Customs is cracking down and your sight may not make it through. How much would you save at that point?

Where do you suggest finding one :confused:

mountainman13 03-16-2012 12:21 AM

Cheaper than dirt or optics planet may have something that will suffice. They both have websites. Midway USA has an AR-15 red dot for $140 without dealer discount. Just an example

Txhillbilly 03-16-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankp0575 (Post 741677)
Good news!! And I am thinking that most reasonably priced scopes and optics come from China anyway... I am giving it a shot..
Eotech and Aimpoint are so darn expensive because they are made here in the US!

No,They are expensive because they are good optics,and work in some terrible conditions.

If you like cheap optics,Knock yourself out buying and replacing them often when they break after a couple months of use.
You'll be a lot better off,saving up your money and buying a quality optic first off.
Like Mrm14 say's-Buy once,Cry once!

mountainman13 03-16-2012 12:35 AM

It is hard to beat an eotech. Multiple reticles and colors,night vision,durable. But many people do seem to have a hard time spending the money on them. This is the second person in a week that I have delt with that wanted an eotech but didn't want to spend the money.