Eotech
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Eotech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 04:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Eotech

I order a eotech 512 anyone had any problems with it I paid 444 out the door but got to wait till April back order

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #2

Likes Given: 1

I have had my 512 for close to 9 years. I love it. Just make sure you remember to change your batteries or at least have a fresh pair with you if you plan on taking a class. That's when my batteries usually die.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks man

Old 03-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #4

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15glock View Post
I order a eotech 512 anyone had any problems with it I paid 444 out the door but got to wait till April back order
That amount is very high for that model. You can find it at a few places for $100 cheaper. EoTechs are very nice but the 500 series are a but old. Check out the xps series. They are slecker, and more compact so your not taking up 5 inches of rail space

Old 03-31-2013, 11:26 PM   #5

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

The EOTech 512 IMO is the smartest choice. Yes it's an old design but being able to use AA batteries is the smart way of going about it. Shtf scenarios who doesn't have AA's lying around the house? CR123's will be a lot harder to find in those circumstances. I loved my 512 but ditched it when I sold my AR and bought my AK and went with an Aimpoint instead.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 04-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
The EOTech 512 IMO is the smartest choice. Yes it's an old design but being able to use AA batteries is the smart way of going about it. Shtf scenarios who doesn't have AA's lying around the house? CR123's will be a lot harder to find in those circumstances. I loved my 512 but ditched it when I sold my AR and bought my AK and went with an Aimpoint instead.
I love my pro, I pick Aimpoint over L3 any day. 6 year battery life is nice to have. But the cr123 is becoming more common. Just find a camera or a compact light. I stock up on cr123, there's a few places you can store spares on your Ar if you need to replace

Old 04-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #7

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post

I love my pro, I pick Aimpoint over L3 any day. 6 year battery life is nice to have. But the cr123 is becoming more common. Just find a camera or a compact light. I stock up on cr123, there's a few places you can store spares on your Ar if you need to replace
The PRO is only 3 yrs battery life unless they changed it in the last 6 months! Still super long. I've bought two extra batteries that sit in my US Palm grip of my AK
BTW, that was meant as no disrespect or na na na boo boo

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 04-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post

The PRO is only 3 yrs battery life unless they changed it in the last 6 months! Still super long. I've bought two extra batteries that sit in my US Palm grip of my AK
BTW, that was meant as no disrespect or na na na boo boo
Yes your right thought it was 6.