Eotech 300blk sight and magnifier
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Eotech 300blk sight and magnifier

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 06:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Default Eotech 300blk sight and magnifier

I was looking at a caliber specific holographic sight for a 300blk dedicated AR, but for my purposes, I do need some magnification ability. They offer a 3x one, but considering this on compensates for bullet drop, I'm not sure if it's compatible. If it is, are non-eotech magnifiers compatible as well? I'd prefer at least 5x magnification. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6339 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 465

all magnifiers ive seen have super short eye relief and teensy tiny fields of view even the "high end" ones.

but im no fan of eotech or of magnifiers. i think they are too clunky and just added weight where your could get a decent 1-4 or 1-6 scope with better durability for the same price of an eotech and magnifier or rds and magnifier.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-28-2014, 06:44 PM   #3

I was also thinking about a Nikon 300blk for $200 bucks and side mounting some aperture sights. Would be much cheaper and probably easier to use. Is there a way to mount irons at 45° for left handed people? The hand guard is a keymod.

Last edited by WannaBeVagabomd; 01-28-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Don't know your price range or what you are going to use it for. I went with a trijicon accupoint 1-4x with green triangle. Its a true 1x so it works as a rds on 1x and as a magnified optic. It has target knobs under caps if you need to dial in pin point shots.

I zeroed mine for 100 got drops for dialing in up to 800. Top of the triangle is 100 center 200 base 300 this gives me pinpoint at 100 and gives me center hits to 300. If I need exact hits I can dial em in.

Anyway nikon is a good choice.

I run american defense manufacturing qd mounts

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-28-2014, 11:46 PM   #5

I looked into it and Daniel Defense side mounts look good for lefty use. I want to get out to 400 yards with it using a 13" barrel (SBR stamp is in the works). But that presents some problems in itself. The ballistics are a slightly different, and although I don't intend to use custom ammunition, it might throw off the BDC marks on the reticle. Leupold has a 300blk scope as well, for about a a grand, illuminated, and this is a long term project really, so price doesn't matter that much. So I'm not particularly sure what to do really. The only reason why I was interested in the red dot was I thought I might be able to get out that far with the magnifier, but that's namely cause I don't know much about them. There might not be that much of a change in bullet drop, because what I read was between a 9" and a 16" which is a lot more significant than a 13 and 16.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:59 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

The 300 is a sbr round. But its definately not a longrange one for sure.

I would personally lean nikon over leupold any day as I've never had a leupold that hasn't self destructed inside a year. But that's just personal opinion. One of the advantages of a nikon however is their spoton software that let's you input ballistic data and generates drop charts tuned to your reticle for each magnification level.

In my opinion if your not going top end like nightforce aimpoint usoptics trijicon etc get a nikon.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:50 AM   #7

Well, looking at the ballistics, a 300blk sbr will out preform a 308 sbr of the same barrel length by a long shot. So if I'm going to build a precision sbr, this is the only way I can think to go about it. That, and on the weekends I collect 5.56 casings like Angelina Jolie collects adopted children, so $120 investment towards basic reloading equipment and a dremel tool and all have all the ammunition my little black heart can handle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 01-29-2014, 08:53 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeVagabomd View Post
Well, looking at the ballistics, a 300blk sbr will out preform a 308 sbr of the same barrel length by a long shot. So if I'm going to build a precision sbr, this is the only way I can think to go about it. That, and on the weekends I collect 5.56 casings like Angelina Jolie collects adopted children, so $120 investment towards basic reloading equipment and a dremel tool and all have all the ammunition my little black heart can handle.

Depends on how you load the 308win... using same powders 308win blows it away.

If I was going to go sbr I would do up my scar17 and load accordingly to optimize performance in a short barrel. But that's neither here nor there

Old 01-29-2014, 11:40 PM   #9

Maybe once I'm out of my current situation and have a little more freedom financially and circumstantial wise. But still can't touch it on either recoil or capacity .

Old 01-30-2014, 02:26 AM   #10

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts

Does anyone know where I could find the tether wire that's used on an EOtech? The wire the tethers the battery door to the optic itself. Any ideas??