Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > EITech Clone legal issues...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 02:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I bought a eotech 552 and 551 clone sights off eBay and I've decided to just get an authentic one so I went to sell the clones again on eBay. Turns out L3 Communications (eotech) made eBay remove my listings and I got this email.
.this came from a law office btw!!
It is EOTech's current intention to avoid legal action and resolve this matter amicably. Accordingly, EOTech requests that you provide us with your written assurance that you will immediately:
1. cease and desist any and all unauthorized use of EOTech’s Trademarks and EOTech’s Trade Dress (collectively “EOTech’s Intellectual Property”
2. agree to refrain from further unauthorized use of EOTech’s Intellectual Property;
3. cease and desist any and all use of the term “holographic” in connection with the sale or promotion for sale of non-holographic gun sights;
4. turn over to EOTech’s counsel for destruction, all unauthorized products and packaging bearing EOTech’s Intellectual Property;
5. provide a comprehensive list of all of your sources for your products featuring EOTech’s Intellectual Property; and
6. provide an accounting of the number of units sold and revenue received for all of your unauthorized products featuring EOTech’s Intellectual Property.
And the title is misspelled sorry!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-06-2013, 02:23 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

They also sent me 18 pages of patents and copyright material.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:28 AM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts

That sucks man. Sorry to hear.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:39 AM   #4

Liked 23 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have one of those sights... I got it NIB in trade for a couple if minutes of work... as far as eBay goes just toss it on Craigslist instead...or change the titles to something other than Eotech or holographic. But either way that had to be a big WTF moment in your inbox

Old 03-06-2013, 02:47 AM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1716 Times on 936 Posts
Likes Given: 545

Unfortunately a lot of people were selling the clones as real. They even copied the trade marks.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 03-06-2013, 02:50 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The only problem is they want me to send them the sights so they can destroy them.... Maybe I'll just say my truck was broken into and they were stolen.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:53 AM   #7

Does yours say Eotech on it?

Old 03-06-2013, 03:15 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

No it does not, it just has the laser warning.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:23 AM   #9

I would play dumb... I don't think they can do anything to you. It doesn't say Eotech, you didn't make it...and you bought it off eBay. Just play dumb. All they have is your email address. You didn't do anything wrong. Did you list it as a genuine Eotech? I would respond to them that you bought yours thinking it was the real thing...show them the transaction number and give them the sellers info. Then tell them you bought a genuine one and wanted to get rid of the clone. Tell them you lost it or hell send them the fake one on the condition that you are free and clear...

Old 03-06-2013, 03:26 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'll figure something out, if I send anything it will be a box of rocks... Thanks hoff