Does anyone know what RPG is? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Does anyone know what RPG is?

View Poll Results: Has anyone shot RPG using night vision?
Yes 2 8.70%
No 15 65.22%
What is RPG? 1 4.35%
Go to hell !!! 5 21.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 561 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 176

One that was found in Belfast last week. That's why the police have armored land rovers here you can see the extra armor on the sides of the vehicles.

Quote. A RUSSIAN-MADE rocket launcher - a weapon once used by the IRA before the Provisionals declared an end to their armed campaign - has been found at an unoccupied house in west Belfast.

Security chiefs believe the RPG-7 device and a warhead were being stored by dissident republicans in preparation for an attack on a police patrol in the city.

wp4051968a_0f.jpg   ay_104806180.jpg  

Old 03-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #22

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Thanks for the comments... As for "white outs" I have no experience with the old nv devices but the ones we use give minimum white outs only with much fire and there`s no blindness...

Old 03-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #23

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

We did our first night shooting on friday night using the armasight nemesis 6x. 70 per cent of my soldiers hit the target.. though 30 of them got me mad really!!! I don`t know how dumb you need to be to miss the aim using either ПГО-7b( it`s a russian military day time scope) or nemesis which performed pretty cool... that`s the easiest weapon to shoot taking into account the absolute abscence of recoil when shooting.. I would understand if it was windy but it was windless....

Old 03-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1262 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 534

Welcome to the Forum Max. Enjoyed reading your posts.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #25
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6944 Times on 3491 Posts
Likes Given: 7550

Nostrovia! Welcome Max, glad to have you on board the FTF Freedom Ship! Of course you couldnt of had a poll on something Ive shot like Mortars, LAWS, TOW Missiles... About the only Russian Eq I ever fired was AK's Light and Heavy in our Soviet Threat Familiarization Range in Basic Training in 1980. I was a TOW Platoon Sgt for many years and had lots of chances to observe and fire missiles, our optics were pretty awesome day or night. $1500 wouldnt buy the Columnator or a single piece of glass! Lots of fun to shoot, I wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of "Death by Wire". TOWs lost their designator when we no longer had enemies with Tanks! Now we generally pack MK 19's and 50cals, I still prefer the TOW!

Good luck with your training!

Old 03-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #26

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

thank you guys for the warm welcome!!!! WelbleyFosbery38 - good background!!!!

Old 03-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2077 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 1021

I brought back the scars from a couple of RPG's from RVN, it got me free medical care for life! And I was required to fire them for familiarization in my SF training, but not at night, sorry no help!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #28

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

What is RVN? What is SF training? Sorry for my English.. I`m writing with a help of a couple of soldiers who can speak English better than me.. but they don`t know too))))

Old 03-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #29

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

I was just wondering how much does an american infantry forces sergeant get per month? I mean monthly salary... Like if I get 800 $. How much more do they get in States? i don`t want you to think that I`m after money.. no!! I`m purely idealogical and a patriot of my country, but still it is interesting. does anyone know exactly? I`m not talking about looking into Wikipedia or google.. Does anyone really have sergeant friends who is serving??

Old 03-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #30
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6944 Times on 3491 Posts
Likes Given: 7550

Max, Your English is far better than my Russian! Im pretty sure Jim is talking about RVN, the Republic of Vietnam. SF would be "Special Forces", if Army, thats likely The Green Berets (insert great level of respect for Jim here).

I dont want to get political in this thread because thats for other sections of the forum but Ive never had a chance to talk with a Russian Soldier! I was a Cold War kid, we were taught to distrust and dislike anything from the USSR. It was always understood, we would likely fight the war to end all wars against your Fathers and Grandfathers. Happily, that never happened because we were all pretty sure nobody would win that war, we would all lose in a nuclear showdown. Gorbachev spoke at our local University about 10 years ago, that was a fascinating speech, he is a brave man. I have shed most of those old negative feelings long ago but still worry about The Kremlin covertly supporting Rogue Nations like N Korea and Iran.

An E-5 buck Sgt with 4 years service makes about $2500 per month before taxes. I have many friends serving, those in combat get a little more while they are in the sandbox; not worth the extra im sure, we would rather have them all come home alive and now. Most of us grow tired of the wars weve won yet cannot put behind us. Fighting and winning wars is what we do best, maintaining the peace and building governments is not a Soldiers job, thats a UN thing but they are nearly useless.

Now a question for you, do you fire US weapons to familiarize yourselves with our Toys and Tools? If so, which ones have you fired and whats your feedback on them? Are you allowed to own private firearms as a civilian (AK's/ SKS's)?

Many of us in the USA do worry about whos watching us inside our borders even though we have broken no laws, just spoken our minds. Do you have any reason to fear negative feedback from your leadership communicating on a forum like this as a Russian Soldier (probably half of our Membership here are prior service and many would be considered semi radical by our own government)?