Does anyone know what RPG is? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Does anyone know what RPG is?

View Poll Results: Has anyone shot RPG using night vision?
Yes 2 8.70%
No 15 65.22%
What is RPG? 1 4.35%
Go to hell !!! 5 21.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

hahah I know what RPG game is... we are not retarded here in Russia. It is a wrong opinion of many eastern countries. Last week I had a few bottles of beer with a german soldier that just recently came to Russia. He said he imagined Russia in a different way. But whats true is that our economy, culture and military organizations are far behind

Old 03-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

Sorry western countries... I got these words wrong

Old 03-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info. I heard about single use launcher.. I just didn`t know it was called M-72. I believe we just call it Bazuka if I`m not mistaken.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8870 Times on 3842 Posts
Likes Given: 1384

Well, going back to WW 2, we did have the "bazooka"- a lighweight rocket launcher tube- reusable- that fired a 2.36 inch diameter rocket. This was the US version of the German Panzerschreck. That was replaced by a larger launcher, firing a heavier rocket (3.5 inch). THAT was replaced in the late 1960s with the 90mm Recoiless Rifle- and supplemented by the single use M72. The 90mm would be a primary weapon, the M72 could be carried by everyone. It had less range, and lesser warhead. The 90 in turn was replaced by the Dragon, now replaced by the Javelin.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

Ok. I get it... But what`s the point in using a single launch? Here`s how we use RPG: Our rocket launcher operator( haha that`s what I found in the dictionary) in simple words RPG soldier takes 3 rockets with him and a AKCУ which in russian means Ak-74 short convertable and he is assisted by an RPG assistant that carries 5 rockets with him

Old 03-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #16

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

These are RPG and AKCУ

.jpg   .jpg  

Old 03-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

The stored single use launcher is waterproof, very lightweight (fiberglass) and is about the size of one round of ammo for the RPG. When ready for use, the launcher is extended, fired, and stepped on (destroy to prevent being used as a booby trap). Every soldier can carry one round- for close in defense against armor. Also good for bunkers, etc. They do not have the range of the RPG.

m72law-1.jpg

Old 03-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 233 Times on 149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
We dont have access to most russian optics here in the states. The only good source we have is a company called kalinka optics.

Our glorious leader doesnt think we are trustworthy enough to have access to russian gear.

I do wish i had an rpg with a warehouse full of the little firecrackers for it....
Exactly, what restrictions are there on importing Russian optics?

Old 03-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

The import and export of certain firearm RELATED items are regulated by the State and Commerce Departments. There have been SOME Russian optics imported into the US, but fairly scarce. Recent generation night vision devices (usually passive infra-red) are scarcer than nuns on a pistol team.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #20

Liked 4788 Times on 2316 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

New night vision must be substantially better at preventing "white out" than the gear I used in the 90's.

I've live fired both the LAW and the Dragon. The Dragon did have 2 sights, a day sight, and a "Heavy as Hell", night sight but it was Thermal, not starlight or IR.

I also used a lot of PVS 4 Starlight scopes on both rifles and the SAW and often wore PVS 2 B Googgles with the PAQ 4 IR laser sight and the one thing I figured out quick was that NOD's became useless once the first shot was fired because the white out delay from muzzle flashes rendered you blind for two to three seconds.

The worked ok in the defensive role for watching your sector and the Nods were great for patrolling "once you figured out the depth perception problem"... But I took to covering the right eye piece with painters tape to so I would not be totally blind upon taking them off.

So... Is the newer stuff any better with the white out problem?

Tack