Completely Clueless - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Completely Clueless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 74 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
Yeah, I'm aware. I was thinking of maybe going the budget route. They seems to be great value for the money. However, I'm not opposed to spending more for the Monarch. What do you think of these two?

Nikon Monarch 4-16x42SF

Nikon Monarch 3-12x42SF

I'll take a look at those.

Thanks. Perhaps you can help me find some scope rings? I've been trying to find some and I don't know what would be good ones to get. It seems my gun has integrated mounts, but I don't know what for. Probably weaver, but Ruger's site doesn't say. It does some with a pair of rings, but I'm assuming they're not very good.
What your looking at is Ruger's Proprietary scope rings and intregrated ring base system. VERY GOOD system, but very limited, as you can't just go out and pick up any ole scope ring set. I have this same system on a Ruger 77/22 Magnum. Works very good and is a Tall Ring mount(unless changed), so about anything up to a 50MM scope lens Objective will work. If scope is a 50MM AND has A/O also, then it may be a little tight(if it fits at all) between the Objective and barrel. You HAVE to use Ruger's ring mount system or another system that clamps onto Ruger's intregrated base system---NO OTHER SYSTEM WILL WORK, unless made specifically for it. I'd forgotten you said Ruger 77 model.
Del