Common AR15 question different guy.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Common AR15 question different guy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Common AR15 question different guy.

I know this is probably asked a lot, and will probably catch crap for it. If so i wil say sorry now. I am looking for an eotech style scope that does not cost as much as a new rifle, while at the same time does not fall apart. I want it on my flat top AR15. I know the first response will be something to the effect of (good luck) or ( If you find one let me know) i get it, but i cant find such a sight any where i have looked. So please if anyone has any info point me the right way. I dont want a cheap looking AR but i dont have mony for some 600 dollar sight. Thanks guys.

A person who owns a firearm is a free man,A person who dosen't is a slave to there Country.Think about it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #2

What is your budget? My favorite, hands down, is the Trijicon Reflex with a 4MOA dot. No batteries required, lighter and smaller than an Eotech and you don't have to turn it on. I like it much better than my issued M68CCO (Aimpoint Comp M4).

Unless you have some dire need for night vision compatibility you can find the 6.5 MOA version for a touch over $300.00. The larger dot does tend to "wash out" a bit beyond 50-60 yards though. The 4 MOA is better in that respect, in my opinion, but runs closer to 5 bills.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 11-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5687 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 378

im going to try and give you an answer. they really dont exist as you describe. about the only thing you can do is save up for what you want. be a little patient. if you DO find a sight that is normally a 600$ job for the 150-250$ range its liekly to be a fake repro from some sweat shop in asia.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-29-2010, 04:44 AM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

The Bushnell Holosight is the poor mans Eo.

But check out the IOR Micro Edge. Valdada has them on sale for $199 right now. RDS MICRO EDGE RED DOT SIGHT

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 11-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
The Bushnell Holosight is the poor mans Eo.

But check out the IOR Micro Edge. Valdada has them on sale for $199 right now. RDS MICRO EDGE RED DOT SIGHT
I really like that Bushnell, thats pretty much what im after. I have 2 of the tube type red dots one is a BSA with the red,green,blue changing dot and a Simmons red dot. i had the Simmons mounted on the my AR when it had the carry handle receiver. But i want to change it up now that it was the flat top on it. The Bushnell i think is what im gonna go for unless someone shows me something i like better.

A person who owns a firearm is a free man,A person who dosen't is a slave to there Country.Think about it.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter View Post
I really like that Bushnell, thats pretty much what im after. I have 2 of the tube type red dots one is a BSA with the red,green,blue changing dot and a Simmons red dot. i had the Simmons mounted on the my AR when it had the carry handle receiver. But i want to change it up now that it was the flat top on it. The Bushnell i think is what im gonna go for unless someone shows me something i like better.
A good friend of mine (who is very well off) put the Bushnell on his AR and loves it. I've played with it and find it more than sufficient (and I am an Aimpoint fanboy). The Bushy will serve you well.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 11-29-2010, 08:37 PM   #7

Quote:
A good friend of mine (who is very well off) put the Bushnell on his AR and loves it. I've played with it and find it more than sufficient (and I am an Aimpoint fanboy). The Bushy will serve you well.
Thanks for the help buddy, you are proving to be a good friend and resource for me on this forum.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks for the help buddy, you are proving to be a good friend and resource for me on this forum.
Thanks, Mate. I'm happy to help. But you need to post pics and a range report when you get it all finished.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 11-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks, Mate. I'm happy to help. But you need to post pics and a range report when you get it all finished.
Will do when all said and done

Old 03-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Oh Boy, there goes another Pair. Who Need eHarmony.com.

Just kidding, all god info here