Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Cheap Scope for a 50 Cal

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 02:18 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I think you need to step back and look at it from our point of view.

You come on here (To many we call this our online home) and within 10 posts you have asked about a cheap scope for the most powerfull shoulder fired cartridge out there. You dropped $3k+ on a rifle and want to know about putting a $50 scope on it. Then you go on about how you want to hunt deer with it. Not to mention you want to hunt deer with FMJ ammo and in many states this is illegal and will get your gun and ammo taken for good. Then go on about how you got it just to show up your brother who owns a 7mm rem mag. How are we supposed to feel about this? This coming a short time after a terrible shooting just happened and knowing everyone is on edge.

We are protective over FTF and over our rights. We don't want to be the internet forum giving out advice on "How to kill a deer over a mile away with a military grade sniper rifle capable of shooting passenger planes out of the sky". Sorry, if you think we are hostile we were because, you came in here with the biggest line of effing BULLSH!T we had heard in a while. It is not hard to do a dagum google search for 50bmg info. Scope for 50bmg.

Now if you would have came on here saying I am looking go get my first rifle. I have shot my dads and brothers 7mm mags and would like something like that or a little bigger we would have been all over that. Sure you would have heard maybe you should start a little smaller and work up from a few of us but there is good reason for this advice. People who fail learn basic's and start with a rifle or handgun that is too powerful for them often learn bad habits like flinching, closing their eyes, jerking the trigger, gripping the rifle wrong or shouldering the rifle wrong.

Now if you are done whining and want to learn stick around there is more knowledge on this forum than just about any other out there.

Sorry we jumped on you and you got your panties in a wad.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:39 AM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I'm calling a time out.

hugh.jpg  

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Closed Thread