Cheap Scope for a 50 Cal - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts >

Cheap Scope for a 50 Cal

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 02:49 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

The Leupold is the cheap scope for a 50bmg.

Look at a nightforce or a S&B.

I would not put anything less than a Mk4 on a 50.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #52

Sorry for the lack of being able to hop on here, Iv'e been working 12 and 13 hours days recently, got anotherone tonight even. I gave buds gun shop a call in referance to my rifle and it hasn't been shipped yet, they told me there was paper work to be done when a "new" rifle that leaves the warehouse and is transferd, but thats fine i guess, as much as i would have liked to have it this weekend, it might be next weekend, i recieved 150 rounds of PMC .50 BMG FMJ, the scope, APA Bipod, nothing on the case yet, it's all coming together. Again, i apologize but my work lately has picked up and my hours are killing me, i'll definatly post up pictures here when i obtain the rifle, i'll do a full uncrating and everything. Be safe and god speed FA Forums.

My local gun shop told me they couldn't boresight a .50 BMG, so i picked this up today. Bushnell Laser Boresighter w/Arbors For .22 to .50 Caliber G $26.82

Iv'e heard mixed reviews, but as long as it gets it on paper iv'e saved some ammo right there.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:01 AM   #53

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliber View Post
Sorry for the lack of being able to hop on here, Iv'e been working 12 and 13 hours days recently, got anotherone tonight even. I gave buds gun shop a call in referance to my rifle and it hasn't been shipped yet, they told me there was paper work to be done when a "new" rifle that leaves the warehouse and is transferd, but thats fine i guess, as much as i would have liked to have it this weekend, it might be next weekend, i recieved 150 rounds of PMC .50 BMG FMJ, the scope, APA Bipod, nothing on the case yet, it's all coming together. Again, i apologize but my work lately has picked up and my hours are killing me, i'll definatly post up pictures here when i obtain the rifle, i'll do a full uncrating and everything. Be safe and god speed FA Forums.

My local gun shop told me they couldn't boresight a .50 BMG, so i picked this up today. Bushnell Laser Boresighter w/Arbors For .22 to .50 Caliber G $26.82

Iv'e heard mixed reviews, but as long as it gets it on paper iv'e saved some ammo right there.
Ok, over 5 days since purchase and Bud's has not shipped it yet? Really? That is total BS. Ok, whatever. You still have not posted a link to the rifle yet from Buds. You got a lecture from your father about buying something and then having buyers remorse? Really? Did you understand your father's lecture or just take it for what you thought it was?

How about getting your father to sign up as a member here. Sounds like he is a good gun guy so the site can only be made stronger with his membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Ok, over 5 days since purchase and Bud's has not shipped it yet? Really? That is total BS. Ok, whatever. You still have not posted a link to the rifle yet from Buds. You got a lecture from your father about buying something and then having buyers remorse? Really? Did you understand your father's lecture or just take it for what you thought it was?

How about getting your father to sign up as a member here. Sounds like he is a good gun guy so the site can only be made stronger with his membership.
Why would i recommend him to such a hostile community, if anything the people i know offline are much more informative than anyone who has posted so far. I'm not posting my receipt since it has my personal information all over it, i'm not comfortable with that, if you don't like it then i suggest you get over yourself real quick and just be patient while i wait for the rifle to arrive at my local gun shop, if you can't do that, then i cannot help you. I will return with my photo's at that time for those who have shown respect while posting, and i do not intend to return here until that time, it doesn't matter if you want to wait or not, you don't have a choice. Until then, sit tight.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #55

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

conan_throne.jpg-720x540.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 01-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #56

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

.............Crom!
Beyond the speed of sound---
Fire it up, Let the engines roll
It's time to burn it down

Old 01-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #57

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Why would i recommend him to such a hostile community, if anything the people i know offline are much more informative than anyone who has posted so far.
Then why come here and post such a rediculous question? Since your people are so much more informative than the forum, I would have to conclude that they should have saved you from this embarrassment!!! The bipod you mentioned alone is worth 4x-5x the junk scope you wanted to put on the thing at first. The accessories cost alone would have covered the price of requisite optics. Didn't the place you ordered it from have poeple you could have called and asked? "Hey I just bought an overpowered $3000 rifle and accessories that that looks tacti-cool. I don't know if it is legal to hunt with but I'm gonna assume I can smoke game with it. I want to budget $80 for optics on it. Which would you recommend?". Now, with that being said, there is also a positive tone to your question. At least you are not wanting to hunt Elk with a .22 (or more commonly with .223 FMJ). There may not be any meat left on the bone, but yeah... A 50 cal will do the job ethically without suffering. You won't have to worry about tracking a bleeder all day. LOL Shoot, I'd like you see some footage of that thing with varmits. It should pretty well scatter a yote. That would just be fun to watch. PS if that doesn't do it, I have almost 20lb of exploding target compound you can try.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #58
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6791 Times on 3610 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Quote:
Why would i recommend him to such a hostile community, if anything the people i know offline are much more informative than anyone who has posted so far. I'm not posting my receipt since it has my personal information all over it, i'm not comfortable with that, if you don't like it then i suggest you get over yourself real quick and just be patient while i wait for the rifle to arrive at my local gun shop, if you can't do that, then i cannot help you. I will return with my photo's at that time for those who have shown respect while posting, and i do not intend to return here until that time, it doesn't matter if you want to wait or not, you don't have a choice. Until then, sit tight.
sure got a lot of anime computer games on your photobucket page.
im calling BS on this whole thing
Pictures by XenanWolf - Photobucket
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-30-2011, 01:36 AM   #59
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 472 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I don't think anyone has been hostile. When you talk of first rifle being a 50BMG and hunting deer.

I talked of getting a .50 and was giving the same info you were given.

My intention was strictly for target shooting and for fun. I have a range that is capable of handling the 50BMG and not some farmland.

Take it for what it is worth, you were siding with the majority of the people here, until your father made you stick with your original plans.

Good Luck with the .50 and Happy Shooting.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:00 AM   #60

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hmm I dunno. It's been over a week now... You gettin' your .50 BMG on? Maybe an Armalite AR-50 .50 BMG with APA Bipod? Maybe a .50BMG for hunting deer IAW knowlegable offline informative acquaintences? You already use up all 60 rounds of the FMJ ammo on zeroing and deer tags? How about tracer rounds? You all set with those for waterfowling?

Closed Thread