Cheap Scope for a 50 Cal - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Cheap Scope for a 50 Cal

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 10:27 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliber View Post
No, not a teenager I thought the website displayed my age? i'm 23 and also a father, i wish i had time to play some shooters, might learn something! Sure, i will see if i can get it exchanged for a AR-15, or something of that nature, i just hate that this is going to be a 10% restocking fee plus 2 more shipping charges. I will hang on to the scope if it will work on the AR-15, thank you for the suggestion. My initial though was the Ar-50 was a shotgun with much more range, thanks for the information, i will see what i can do about an exchange, the transaction was at budsgunshop.com.
I'm sure if you go to a local gun store you will be able to find a very high quality accurate large rifle with scope that they would be willing to trade for the .50. If you don't feel that you know enough to know what a fair trade would be, just find some options and ask on this board. You might lose a couple hundred bucks in the deal but you will spend $50 just sighting in your .50. While it might be cool to have one, it doesn't seem like your financially ready to use it.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 01-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #22
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

All you discouraging the 50BMG. If I want a 50BMG and want to wear a dress while shooting it, that is my decision.

I will do it with Tactical Viridian Green Laser sights.

You may shoot it in El Paso, now be nice.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:48 PM   #23

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
All you discouraging the 50BMG. If I want a 50BMG and want to wear a dress while shooting it, that is my decision.

I will do it with Tactical Viridian Green Laser sights.
YouTube - Tactical Green Laser Beam

You may shoot it in El Paso, now be nice.
Hey, I have pictures from the early 1980's of my buddy Don, he was a gaurd on St johns B-ball team. He went to a halloween party as Ma-Dondy(Madonna). Imagine a 6'5" gaurd, a white guy w/ a beard and stash in a leather mini skirt and fish nets. No panties!! I was a flasher.. F-ing outstanding party!! I took the bimbo cheer leader home. I was using a 50mm.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Last edited by jpattersonnh; 01-24-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:01 AM   #24
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2563 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

I am a little overwhelmed by this post! To say the least. Unless you get a good scope you are in for a lesson in firearms. Even a 12 ga. 3" Mag. Shotgun will wreck most inexpensive scopes in 10 or 20 shots. If you spend $80-$100 for a scope that would figure a lot of $$$$ per shot. Not a real logical decision. I would suggest you save your money and but a scope worthy of the weapon and one that will last a while. For example Leupold MK-4 or equivalent quality. If you do not you are only attempting to fool yourself and end up costing you much more in the long run and getting frustrated. That is if the zero even holds past a couple of shots?

Old 01-25-2011, 12:03 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Imagine a 6'5" gaurd, a white guy w/ a beard and stash in a leather mini skirt and fish nets. No panties!!
I'd rather NOT!!!

Old 01-25-2011, 12:10 AM   #26

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Quote:
I'd rather NOT!!!
It was an epic party!! Typical early N.Y. 1980's crazy! The big guns were out and the girls loved it! Memories....

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:14 AM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8877 Times on 3844 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

Caliber- your first post was the equivalent of "I decided to buy my first car, so I bought a 3,000 horsepower dragster. Can I use 87 octane regular?- I want to save a couple of dollars and get on the road." Hence the none too gentle responses to your post.

The .50 BMG was originally an anti- TANK weapon from WW I. Hunting deer with one is the equal of swatting a mosquito with a 9 lb sledge hammer. Oh, it WILL kill the mosquito- but if you planned to EAT that mosquito, well......

Frankly, I have a step-bother that is a royal PITA- I can understand the urge to equal or exceed the others. Rather than buying a flamethrower to roast marshmallows, would suggest you look at some of the REALLY classy firearms that are out there- in a more realistic caliber. For a deer rifle, .308, 30-06 caliber range is likely to be much more appropriate. Here is a fairly classy rifle for auction over on auctionarms right now for $2,199. Rifles For Sale - Steyr Mannlicher Schoenauer Steyr Mannlicher Schoenaur Dbl Set Triggers 30-06 - Auction: 10140128 (Ends 01/26/2011, 08:15:10 PST)

BTW, I shoot a .50 BMG now and again (not mine). Do you have any IDEA how hard it is to find a rnage where you can SHOOT something that big???

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:46 AM   #28

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
BTW, I shoot a .50 BMG now and again (not mine). Do you have any IDEA how hard it is to find a rnage where you can SHOOT something that big???
Hmmmm....seems like we've all said that to another SM pretty recently.....

Old 01-25-2011, 01:42 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
I have a range to shoot it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Hmmmm....seems like we've all said that to another SM pretty recently.....

Old 01-25-2011, 01:45 AM   #30

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
I have a range to shoot it.

Just buy THREE rifles in assorted calibers! You'll be much happier. Or TWO rifles with good glass on them! jeebers
After the Meet 'n Greet, you'd be so pissed at yourself for buying the .50.....!

Closed Thread