Centerpint 4-16x issue
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Centerpint 4-16x issue

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lancaster,Ohio
Posts: 19
Default Centerpint 4-16x issue

So i was shooting my .22 today and all the sudden during my session my point of impact switched about 1 foot to the left. I figured the wind had picked up since I was long range shooting (300 yards) so I didn't adjust it. I thought about it and the wind didn't pick up any so I adjusted the windage a bit, no change. I adjusted some more, no change. I adjusted it all the way until I maxed it out and my point of impact had not changed at all. The adjustment still felt the same it clicked like it should didn't feel loose or anything, and the elevation still works just not the windage. I looked in the manual and tried a few things but nothing worked. I didn't do anything to the scope at all it changed mid session so I didn't hit it by accident or anything. What is wrong with it and is there a fix? Or do I have to send it back? Thanks

__________________

Last edited by RedFries3; 02-03-2012 at 09:50 PM.
RedFries3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 02-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFries3
So i was shooting my .22 today and all the sudden during my session my point of impact switched about 1 foot to the left. I figured the wind had picked up since I was long range shooting (300 yards) so I didn't adjust it. I thought about it and the wind didn't pick up any so I adjusted the windage a bit, no change. I adjusted some more, no change. I adjusted it all the way until I maxed it out and my point of impact had not changed at all. The adjustment still felt the same it clicked like it should didn't feel loose or anything, and the elevation still works just not the windage. I looked in the manual and tried a few things but nothing worked. I didn't do anything to the scope at all it changed mid session so I didn't hit it by accident or anything. What is wrong with it and is there a fix? Or do I have to send it back? Thanks
Scope is dead take it back to wally world, or buy a good quality scope since u are "long range with a 22 "
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 5,047
Liked 733 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 761

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Scope is dead take it back to wally world, or buy a good quality scope since u are "long range with a 22 "
300 yards! That is extreme marksmanship!! Come on now, you can't hit a 12" target at 300 yards w/ a .22lr?
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lancaster,Ohio
Posts: 19
Default

It's not from wally world I got it at a gun show, and I'm sorry I said I was "shooting long range" 300 yards seems pretty far for a .22lr to me and if it's not and your mocking me for it sorry I don't know the correct term for every thing to do with firearms I just like to have fun shooting. Anyways anyone else know whats up with the scope?

__________________
RedFries3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dks7895's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Charles,Missouri
Posts: 465
Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

300 yards with a 22lr? Shoot it at 25 yards and see what you get. It might be toast, and it might not.

__________________

Winchester 100 .243; Marlin XS7 .308; Stevens 200 .223; Rossi 92 .45LC; Marlin 1894C .357M; Marlin 30AS .30-30; NEF Pardner Pump 12ga; Mossberg 500 Turkey 20ga; Winchester 1200 20ga; Savage Mark II F .22LR; Henry H001 .22LR; Marlin 60SB .22LR; Ruger 10/22 DSP .22LR; Browning SA-22 .22LR; Savage 93R17 GV .17HMR; Remington Genesis .50 cal ML; Ruger SR1911 .45ACP; Ruger Vaquero .45LC; Ruger Blackhawk .357M; Ruger SR9c 9mm; Ruger Single-Six .22LR; Browning Buck Mark Camper .22LR

dks7895 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFries3
It's not from wally world I got it at a gun show, and I'm sorry I said I was "shooting long range" 300 yards seems pretty far for a .22lr to me and if it's not and your mocking me for it sorry I don't know the correct term for every thing to do with firearms I just like to have fun shooting. Anyways anyone else know whats up with the scope?
Like I said 300 yatds is very long range with a 22 dont skimp on cheap scopes for big range shots with a rimfire, u sure it isnt 300 feet thats 100 yards, an yes walmart sells centerpoint scopes for 69.99
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lancaster,Ohio
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Like I said 300 yatds is very long range with a 22 dont skimp on cheap scopes for big range shots with a rimfire, u sure it isnt 300 feet thats 100 yards, an yes walmart sells centerpoint scopes for 69.99
Oh ok i'm sorry I though you were being sarcastic because you put it in quotes and yes I'm sure its 300 yards I used a gps but I think it's just toast I don't how or why it broke but looks like I'm sending it back, or do you think i can return it to walmart for a replacement even though I didn't get it there?
__________________
RedFries3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 5,047
Liked 733 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 761

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFries3 View Post
It's not from wally world I got it at a gun show, and I'm sorry I said I was "shooting long range" 300 yards seems pretty far for a .22lr to me and if it's not and your mocking me for it sorry I don't know the correct term for every thing to do with firearms I just like to have fun shooting. Anyways anyone else know whats up with the scope?
300 yards w/ a .22lr is next to impossible. 100 yards pretty much max's out most .22 Rifles, seriously. Without some sort of extreme mount, you would not have the adjustments to go that far.
So, your scope has changed POI. Have you checked the bases? they may have loosened up and the scope has creeped back. What kind of rifle? How many rounds?
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Try tighting the adjustment nob with a allen wretch it probably came loose and u lost zero cuz mine did it when I first got it

__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFries3

Oh ok i'm sorry I though you were being sarcastic because you put it in quotes and yes I'm sure its 300 yards I used a gps but I think it's just toast I don't how or why it broke but looks like I'm sending it back, or do you think i can return it to walmart for a replacement even though I didn't get it there?
U said u didnt buy from wal mart so I wont tell u to take it back to a store u didnt buy from, I dont like to cheat it does come full circle, just go to a gun shop or online to cabelas or any of the big names an get the best u can afford u wont be sorry even if its a nikon prostaff for 169.99 its a huge leap,up from centerpoint blurry scopes. Cheap scopes are cheap scopes period. U should know that if u have been shooting 300 yrds with a 22lr.
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
45 cal issue. almostgem Ammunition & Reloading 18 01-27-2012 02:27 PM
Just got an ak and already ran into an issue.. bmatt1 General Rifle Discussion 4 07-23-2011 07:14 PM
.357 with an Issue... CastleKing Revolver Handguns 10 05-25-2010 01:10 AM
M1A Issue TXnorton General Rifle Discussion 2 03-22-2010 03:02 PM
another 10/22 issue vegasjeepguy .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 7 12-20-2008 03:50 PM