C-More Railway?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > C-More Railway?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default C-More Railway?

I am looking at C-More Railways for a M&P15-22 once I got it. Anyone got experience with them?

Thanks,

FutureMagpul9

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

For a 22 the plastic will be good. Its a light weight RDS with a good rep for accuracy and holding zero. I have heard not to over tighten the locking set screws on the plastic models as it may crack the body. The metal C-mores are solid built and what I prefer on my carbine. easy to use, easy to swap diodes and easy to change batteries. Few negative things about them....mostly from people who have used the chicom clone knock offs from china. You can get a cheap knock off for $40. I met a guy with one that he said he bought at a reputable store. near as we can tell an employee must have swapped it out for a real one. It was easy to spot as a fake if you have seen and used a real one. Real ones have hand engraved serial numbers and the hardware is allen key not philips. the chicoms may have started using those by now.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:46 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks, I think it will a good RDS. Do you recommend changing from a 8 MOA dot to something else?

Old 05-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3085 Times on 1546 Posts
Likes Given: 377

I have one a S&W 627. I'm quite happy with it. They are quite tough. I had the gun slide off the table and hit the concrete floor on the rear of the sight. It knocked off a chunk off the back, but it held zero and still works fine. Between the rubber grip and the sight, the gun itself was unscathed. So one could do much worse than a C-More.

NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Old 05-24-2012, 04:13 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMagpul9 View Post
Thanks, I think it will a good RDS. Do you recommend changing from a 8 MOA dot to something else?
I went to a 4MOA dot since I can hold my point of aim to point of impacted within the 4MOA range.

My buddy stuck with the 8MOA and its very easy to pick up the dot and line up with it. For 200 yard shots that 8MOA dot covers a 16" area. Open a tape measure to 16", that will tell you why many dont want a 8MOA dot on a longer range rifle. I think its fine for a shotgun, pistol or pistol caliber rifle. For short range that 8MOA is very nice.

So for a .22lr I would go with the 4MOA. Thats just me. At 200 yards that dot only covers 8", which is about the error of the rifle at that distance.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:53 AM   #6

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Curios as to why you would go w/ a C More when there are so many good choices out there?

Old 05-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thank you Fixer that helps out a lot. And to why I would pick a C-More is because I have shot EOTech, AimPoint, C-More and I like the C-More because of its quality and the price.